+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We can still do it

re: We can still do it

Quote Originally Posted by philphillips
    This was the first time since the famous Leeds game (3 v 3) draw back in the 90's when whittlingham scored two late goals that I have left the ground early.
    That's the only time I've ever left a game early as well. Maybe the play-offs will suit us as teams might play more. Having said that it's quite easy to suss us out it seems.

spot on,you pay your money you are entitled to do what you want,doesn't make you any less of a fan,dont agree with booing though would rather leave early,ive said earlier in a post 10 games to go lots of twists and turns for every team,PLAY UP POMPEY

Fulton at fault with the first, Roberts was clearly fouled but too theatrical going down for me. I left at 0.2 with around 7 minutes to go, deciding getting over to Hayling (glorified tin shed time Lassie) was a far better bet than watching that. There was no tempo at all, first half especially. We weren't up for it. One example just before half time a Stevens throw in just in front of where I sit, not one player tried to make space to be a target. Evans obviously injured in that first yellow card of the day incident, didn't help us. So PC brought Smith on at half time. he is absolutely useless. I am a big fan of Adam Webster, he had a shocker but wasn't the only one. Yet again a poor performance after a long trip up North. We can't cope with Saturdays after a long coach trip back sadly. Frightening that we are at York on a Tuesday followed by Wycombe here on the Saturday. For what its worth I felt the young ref was dreadful but that doesn't explain our awful performance too. Playoffs

Well if we do go up, the board will have to dig deep to bring in some good young talent.
    I guess we needed to give Roberts a 3 year deal to attract him,but .........

Was Saturdays result down to

Lack of effort ?
    Lack of skill ?
    Lack of winning tactics ?
    Lack of encouragement by the fans ?

There has to be a reason

I think it might have something to do with the fact we are a bunch of girls who don't like playing against the nasty rough teams who are prepared to mix it up. That and we seem incapable of playing two games in a week. Bit of a problem that considering there are two games most weeks. Still the poor dears don't have a game until next Saturday so they can have a nice lazy week.

Shocking stat I saw on Jim's piece - we haven't scored in eight home games this season. So add bottlers in front of a big crowd to the list above.

Sorry folks, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoular1
    Well if we do go up, the board will have to dig deep to bring in some good young talent.
    I guess we needed to give Roberts a 3 year deal to attract him,but .........
    Only way he would come was for that 3 year deal I am reliably told. It all went wrong with the offence the Barnet defender committed (not given by the Ref)....2 more seasons on good wages seems painful for me at the moment I have to admit. Re what Corky posted yes 8 blank sheets at home. I don't think we ever looked like scoring Saturday. Lots of posts elsewhere re the exodus, I was one and I cant blame anyone who did likewise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)