+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumsden and Hislop depart - pt 2 potential replacements?

Lumsden and Hislop depart - pt 2 potential replacements?

According to AFC website. Where to now?

re: Lumsden and Hislop depart

Campbell short term with Barry Robson assistant would be ideal for me Barry could still play and learn management side of things from Campbell.

re: Lumsden and Hislop depart

SP?
    Jimmy Caldewood?
    Richard (replaces shortened version with ****) Campbell?
    David Moyes?

re: Lumsden and Hislop depart - pt 2 potential replacements?

I would hate to see Campbell at Gayfield, He didn't get fired from Forfar because he was doing a good job!!
    Have experienced his foul-mouthed rants from close quarters and would not wish to see this sort of behaviour from an Arbroath manager.
    I wouldn't expect too many people will be rushing to take on this job but from thes being branded about I would probably take SP or Keith GIbson.

Quote Originally Posted by DougLichtie
    I would hate to see Campbell at Gayfield, He didn't get fired from Forfar because he was doing a good job!!
    Have experienced his foul-mouthed rants from close quarters and would not wish to see this sort of behaviour from an Arbroath manager.
    I wouldn't expect too many people will be rushing to take on this job but from thes being branded about I would probably take SP or Keith GIbson.
    He done a great job at Forfar!!!! He got sacked after not winning for 7 ( SEVEN ) games! That is all.

He's a fantastic lower league manager that players love, he has plenty of contacts and knows what he is doing, his experience is exactly what we need right now after the last 2 shambles of appointments we've had.

Preferably with a young assistant like SP or whatever that could take over after a few years.

Campbell is definitely my preferred choice. I hope we could sneak a few of the Fermers best players to Gayf off the back of it

For what it's worth I would be happy with Givsin or Petrie too!

Jimmy Calderwood lives in Fife, is out of work and very keen to get back into football management ......he has a good track record.

Also worthwhile approaching Barry Robson, this would a good move for him to advance his career in football management, while still being able to play for another year in season 2016 - 17.

This is a good attractive job, so there should attract a few decent candidates .

Arbroath are perhaps the biggest team in the bottom two leagues with a great ground and one of the largest supports for a part time team in Scotland.

Hoping there are no quick knee jerk appointments - lets take time and get the right person.

Given our current situation, we need someone who can hit the ground running. No room for inexperience or time to learn. If Campbell is available, affordable and keen, we would be crazy to overlook him.

Here's the list of managers since Sir Albert
    Bert Henderson (1962–80)
    Ian Stewart (1980–82)
    George Fleming (1982–85)
    Jimmy Bone (1985–87)
    John Young (1987–90)
    Ian Gibson (1990–91)
    Walter Borthwick (1991)
    Mickey Lawson (1991–92)
    Danny McGrain (1992–94)
    Jocky Scott (1994)
    George Mackie (1994–95) with Donald Park (1994)
    John Brogan (1995–96)
    Tommy Campbell (1996–1997)
    Dave Baikie (1997–2000)
    John Brownlie (2000–03)
    Stevie Kirk (2003–04)
    Harry Cairney (2004–05)
    John McGlashan (2005–2009)
    Jim Weir (2009–10)
    Paul Sheerin (2010–14)
    Allan Moore (2014–15)
    Todd Lumsden (2015–2016[5]

Out of the 22 managers I would say, in my humble opinion, that ten were pretty successful, only half a dozen have been what you would call "experienced" managers.
    We are a club who certainly gives young up and coming managers a foot on the rung, but not many have actually went on to bigger and better things. And only one player manager!

Or was Jimmy Bone a player manager?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)