+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 24 hours later

24 hours later

I was so proud of my team and my home town yesterday, I was born around 3 miles from the sty but lived in rotherham from day 3 of my life, I was adopted and brought up by a 4 generation rotherham family, I left the towm when I was 24 yo but it is my home, I love coming home to see the team I have loved from being a small boy. At 51 yo I enjoyed yesterdays game so much, i went with my eldest son who has always been a miller and the passion for the millers flows through our blood.

What I loved yesterday was the way 11 players bought by Evans may I point out, put on the shirt and fought like lions with real passion and love of the badge. We give stick to footballers look at how some morons have treated greg Halford yet you could see the desire and togetherness of that team yesterday. Every players, everyone associated with that club wanted that win more than any player, fan or official of the team in blue and white. Their fans were arrogant, their players even more so and their manage

re: 24 hours later

Nice post Derby, i take it that you enjoyed it then....haha

Wouldn't have missed yesterday for the world. I've now seen the Millers win 5 times in the league at the sty and that one was up there with the best of them. Not a classic, but having over 26,000 porkers turn out in full expectance of seeing the Millers get stuffed, only to get their truffle noses well and truly rubbed into the dirt was oh-so-sweet.

The importance of yesterday's result may well become apparent over the next few weeks. The team spirit obviously in evidence could further galvanise our push for survival.....whilst W*******y, true to form, revert to home fixture chokers and perennial MASSIVE under achievers.

Fingers corossed :-)

Great Post Derby.

As much as I moan, i moan because I love Rotherham United and today I love them a little bit more

I just hope it doesn't make you moan a little bit more

24 hours later & the pigs are still squealing.