+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So the Millers fans voted with their feet….

re: So the Millers fans voted with their feet….

Well, don't blame me. Ha ha. I tried every trick in the book, and a few more besides, to try to whip up interest. Like I said, pay Chansiri and damn his impudence. Lol. What's an extra tenner in today's money if you get to see a famous victory? Chansiri prepared a seat for you, and you passed it up. And the roof didn't collapse, after all, although I nearly did at the final whistle. Lol.

[quote="BradfordFozzie"]Geez what is it with people on here eh?

If you support the Millers you support them simple as that! Does it have to be quantified by how many games you attend or don't. I've supported the club all my life and from 16 to 18 I also didn't miss a game. Does that make me a better fan? After that I discovered girls, pubs, work (in no particular order) and realised I couldn't go to every game anymore, I also moved out of the area.

I don't see myself as a better or worse fan than any other person who travels home or away to see the Millers, it's in my blood and always will be.

Yes I do still travel all over the country to see my team and I could be really selfish and go to every game. I also have a great home life and sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order to keep everyone happy.

Pair play to all that went on Saturday and fair play to the people that stuck two fingers up at the Wednesday pricing. We are all Millers![/quote

Have I missed something here.

Was it not cheaper to go this season than last?

Last year I went on the John Breckin away day and paid £50 x 2 for me and the lad. There were folk on here ridiculing me for paying it but we had a great day and for me got value for money. Pretty sure it was £36 a ticket sp for £14 I got... 2 x pukka pies n peas, greedy f@cker me after a few ales lol. Coach travel to Hillsborough and some enjoyable banter from John Breckin, Richard Finney and a few others. All in all well worth £14.

I didn't go Saturday, not because of the price though, more to do with work, family, the fact there was a y in the day blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda, what's it got to do with anyone else lol.

Personally Brin, I wouldn't have started a thread like this pal. Great win and great day for those that went pal. Those are the ones who really voted with their feet I suppose.

Anyway who gives a flying f@ck, we beat the Owls in their own backyard..............AGAIN!!!!!!!

I missed the Garner game because I was at the Reading festival.

Those of us that we're there on Saturday were there.

Those that didn't go didn't go.

What difference does it make?

Depends how you look at it Scum I suppose.

If you missed Saturday, some would say you're not a true fan. This would also apply to you for missing the Garner game, fancy putting a music festival ahead of the Millers, shame on you.

Others would say its about standing up to clubs charging exuberant prices for 3rd class facilities.

I'm of the opinion people dint go cos deep down they dint want to go. Their prerogative innit....

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant
    I missed the Garner game because I was at the Reading festival.

Those of us that we're there on Saturday were there.

Those that didn't go didn't go.

What difference does it make?
    Scum, I was at Leeds I think! Was it Guns and Roses/Strokes/Someone else year?

I got the worst of both worlds, paid for my ticket then got pneumonia. I got the old men's discount on the price so I couldn't even give the ticket away. Hearing the support from you lads was great though.

I don't know if I can make the match tomorrow, the wife's watching me closely. I'm going to try putting the radio commentary on loud in my study then sneaking out the back door.

I couldn't be arsed to go, still enjoyed the win as much as anyone

[quote="BradfordFozzie"]Geez what is it with people on here eh?

If you support the Millers you support them simple as that! Does it have to be quantified by how many games you attend or don't. I've supported the club all my life and from 16 to 18 I also didn't miss a game. Does that make me a better fan? After that I discovered girls, pubs, work (in no particular order) and realised I couldn't go to every game anymore, I also moved out of the area.

I don't see myself as a better or worse fan than any other person who travels home or away to see the Millers, it's in my blood and always will be.

Yes I do still travel all over the country to see my team and I could be really selfish and go to every game. I also have a great home life and sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order to keep everyone happy.

Pair play to all that went on Saturday and fair play to the people that stuck two fingers up at the Wednesday pricing. We are all Millers![/quote

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm
    I couldn't be arsed to go, still enjoyed the win as much as anyone
    How can you say that? Impossible to have enjoyed the win the same as those that went and got involved. Impossible

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast