+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many have you got?

How many have you got?

Witnessing wins over the piggies at the sty?
    3 for me.

The 70s one when gwyther, Phillips and Spencer scored.

The Joe McBride one

Last Saturday's.

And a couple of 0-0s

Seen us lose twice there but I ve come to learn if you are gonna watch the milletrs at the piggies you have a good chance of coming back with some points as a millers fan.

If I was a pig I would be pretty wary about playing the millers at home.

Not sure which was my favourite win all good for different reasons. The first one we battered em and had a really good young team under mcguigan. The Joe McBride one was a consolation one in a relegation season but they were crap and the goal was hilarious against fatty pressman. Maybe yesterday's was the best because they were expecting so much and us so little.

Here's to the next lot ofwins there

re: How many have you got?

Same for me I just love been a Miller

I've done 2 wins and a draw.
    The Joe McBride one with me Dad, the first 2-1 with late winner and the 0-0 last season.

Work most Saturdays and managed to swap shift last season, but couldn't manage this year with already taking Sunday for Mum's Day.

Tbh I'd not been too bothered about missing it at first mainly due to not expecting owt and the awful away facilities more than cost.
    But as soon as NW came in just really had a feeling we'd get summat and the nearer it got to Saturday the more I fancied it, but alas too late to sort anything. Enjoyed looking in on game at work though. and really pleased for all the Millers who made the trip, what a day it must have been.

The second 2-1 I missed cos I was at Leeds Festival that day,
    I still remember phoning up the mother-in-law from the festival, to ask score and finding out we'd done 'em 2-1 again.
    It was very surreal the next day,I was on the Headrow in Leeds and went to get a paper and saw it was another late winner :

1-0 McBride - It was Bob Boulder in goals I think, not Pressman.
    2-1 Barker winner
    2-1 Garner winner
    2-2 Carling cup - Late equaliser from Ruben Reid. We win on pens.
    0-0 Last season
    1-0 Derbyshire.

So the only blip was last seasons 0-0 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller
    Witnessing wins over the piggies at the sty?
    At least 4 then for me. The 1 - 3 from the 70's (and scrapping for our bloody lives on the Lepers Lane terracing - before the advent of seating!)

The Joe McBride one and the two inside 6 months under Ronnie which were the sweetest two of all. The first of these, several Wednesday mates reckon we must've had about 7,000 in the ground. Both such sweet, sweet, last-minute wins - and both with "YOU'LL NEVER BEAT THE MILLERS", reverberating around and around Swillsbrough.

Happy, Happy Days!

(Was also there when they hammered us 5 - 0 I think it was! Ouch!). :-(

Yep bolder it was I stand to be corrected John. You are obviously a good luck charm at the Sty keep going owd lad

Can remember seeing us also winning there 2-1, I think Peter Carr scoring, and 3-1 Tommy Spencer, mid to late 70's.

Earliest win I can remember seeing was 1-0 in the League Cup in mid-60s, played in torrential rain. Never seen an away defeat (though several at home!).

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat
    Can remember seeing us also winning there 2-1, I think Peter Carr scoring, and 3-1 Tommy Spencer, mid to late 70's.
    Don't recall Peter ever scoring there unless it was in something like a Yorkshire Cup game.

Mind you what would I know as my record there is P0 W0 L0 D0 F0 A0 PTS0

Closest I ever got to stepping inside was the Santos exhibition match in the early 70s and missed that as my Dad was on the wrong shift.

4 wins and a draw in 5 visit's with the Millers at the Sty....also seen Everton, an England X1, Man Utd and Southampton win there....only team i've seen Wednesday win in 14 total visit's to Hillsborough was Barnsley.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast