+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two Players I'd Like Back

Two Players I'd Like Back

It's not very often I start a thread on here, but I've been thinking about why Queens are not as good as last year recently, and have come up with only two positions I think would have made all the difference, and which former players would have filled these gaps if they had stayed. They are both so controversial that I will probably be back on arguing with myself, but I thought I'd like to see what others think?

First player I'd like back is Kevin Holt. This is being very tough on Jordon Marshall, who has done really well for one so young, but I always feel that Jordon's body position is so square on that he doesn't actually look like a left footed player, whereas Holty was always angled in towards the goal. As a result Marshall's runs forward take him towards the corner flag, whereas Holt was heading towards the corner of the box. I just feel there was a lot more attacking threat down the left with Holt (and Russell) than there has been with Marshall this season. Also, Holt's heig

re: Two Players I'd Like Back

Good thread and I can see where you are coming from re holt and marshal but like you say marshal will develop. The player I think we miss the most is danny. We have nobody who is capable of taking the ball deep and then drive at teams. He was a great outlet when we fed him in his own half and he would carry the ball deep into the opposing territory. I think harris could do this but to date, for one reason or another, he has yet to do it.

The other I think we miss is McKenna. Tall, strong in a tackle, and was an animal in the middle of the park. He would do the dirty work well and could play. IMO he was the best in the league at being that type of player. We have tried to replicate that in Jacobs but from what I have seen he has been a poor relative, mainly due to his inability to pass. He was a winner in there and would bully players he was against. For me he wouldn't have looked out of place in any side.

I was going to mention Gav but I think through time Hilson could prove to

re: Two Players I'd Like Back

I guess there is a case for all the players that left in the summer.

Cannot disagree with fatfan though.

Harris has the talent and pace but does not show it enough and Carmichael was superb at turning defence into attack in a matter of seconds last season.

We miss McKenna big-time, a quality player at Championship level.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)