+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Manager

re: New Manager

I had hoped that Barry Robson could have been enticed to be the player manager, but as a long time Arbroath fan I will of course continue to support the team and attend the games etc.

Seems a raw nerve was hit by suggesting the appointment of Campbell was lacking ambition ........

Lets also hope his days of singing sectarian songs are a thing of the past.

Little wonder this board only has about 2%- 3% of Arbroath fans posting comments .

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker
    I had hoped that Barry Robson could have been enticed to be the player manager, but as a long time Arbroath fan I will of course continue to support the team and attend the games etc.

Seems a raw nerve was hit by suggesting the appointment of Campbell was lacking ambition ........

Lets also hope his days of singing sectarian songs are a thing of the past.

Little wonder this board only has about 2%- 3% of Arbroath fans posting comments .
    So in other words, a complete gamble with someone that's never managed anybody before... Just what we were needing after the past year, I would've been happy to see Robson in, but at the end of the day you've got to remember good players don't always make for good managers. Sheerin was a one off.

If you're not finding a guy with the record **** has as an inspiring appointment then I'm lost for words. Christison said 'He's won 4 championships and that's what we want here, to be his

Good appointment imo but months overdue.
    Now is not a time to put in an inexperienced Manager or player/Manager, this is a CRUCIAL time for the club and vast a experienced Manager at this level is required and DC has certainly the experience, as i say a pity it never happened a couple of months ago as i am certain he would have signed Chris Templeman a player who imo would have done a great job for us.
    Also i really hope when DC gets us safe he brings in younger coaches like Keith Gibson and SP to blood them into our future Managers.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

I was hearing unofficially that should Dundee Utd get relegated then Robson is on their radar.
    And I'm sure he will be on the radar of a few other clubs too. Let's put this (Robson) to bed once and for all, D#ck Campbell is manager of Arbroath FC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)