+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: highlights

highlights

shows halford 2nd yellow but not first - view external link

re: highlights

What a goal, what a cheer!!!!!!

The second yellow for Halford is astonishing. I can't understand why that justifies a booking, especially when it's going to lead to a sending off. I think the ref decided what the game was going to be before kick off and wasn't prepared to judge it on its merits. He seemed to have no appreciation of the difference between an honest, but mistimed tackle (Thomas' booking was a slip; no malice or cynicism and both players were fine about it; and their one booking was an awkward challenge, not a bad one) and more deliberate foul play (their defence was continually pulling our players back - look at the manhandling of JCH before the goal - but he didn't want to see that sort of offence for either side).

Thought both halfords were harsh, the first the ref didn't even give a foul, the linesman did - so then when awarding a free kick fo without consulting the linesman he books him too!

Smallwood's booking was also a joke - he seemed to indicate it was for multiple offences but he'd hardly committed a foul!

I thought the first one was the odd one, looked dramatic but not sure it was a foul. The second he sort of tiredly put his foot in, missed player but contact would have been a definite foul.

He was always going to send someone off when he had chance, I'm surprised IT took that long tbh

Their number 8 got away with murder, committed more fouls than all our bookings accumulated.

I agree the 2nd one was a foul Jolly, just don't think it was worthy of a card and ultimately a sending off