+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Prince is Dead. Long live...

The Prince is Dead. Long live...

Greg Halford.

It was about this time last year that the Great Kari Arnason was shifted into midfield to add a shield of steel and class to protect Kirk and the boys at the back as we marched to survival.

Halford has been instrumental in this position at Hillsborough and in the second half last night. He ticks all the boxes to ascend to Kari's throne - height, strength, aerial ability, technically sound, moody b*stard, high earner, long throws and can spot a pass.

I think Evans was going to play him in the Kari role but for Broadfoot's Battle of the Boyne.

re: The Prince is Dead. Long live...

Also his wife shops in Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by gorky
    Greg Halford.

It was about this time last year that the Great Kari Arnason was shifted into midfield to add a shield of steel and class to protect Kirk and the boys at the back as we marched to survival.

Halford has been instrumental in this position at Hillsborough and in the second half last night. He ticks all the boxes to ascend to Kari's throne - height, strength, aerial ability, technically sound, moody b*stard, high earner, long throws and can spot a pass.

I think Evans was going to play him in the Kari role but for Broadfoot's Battle of the Boyne.
    Gorky great description of them both but apart from Halford's passing going a bit wayward prior to his sending off you've just about summed him up.... Well done Halford..,

Halford will never be as cool as Kari.

Other than that I think you make a very good point, gorky. It's a real shame that we haven't utilised Greg's talent for the majority of the season, he's clearly a quality footballer.

When all were slating I called for his talents to be used.

Bad management has been more significant than Greg's bad attitude in my opinion.

Just saying!!!!

Indeed rileyev. No idea what went on earlier in the season but someone should've stepped in and sorted it out with Halford a long time ago. It's been a season of strange decisions and bizarre appointments - I'm just glad we've now got a strong management team that can motivate the players.

Snowball, his hair still needs much improvement to catch up with Kari.

Squiggle the footballer formerly known as Halford