+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a week

re: What a week

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    Yes, JCH would have got a hat trick and we would have won
    Possibly you never know

As Frog would say, some managers just have that "Je ne sais quoi?". Maybe not all the time but the likes of Ronnie, Steve Evans and Neil Warnock seem to have the magic touch when their back's against the wall. I said a few weeks back that our survival would need a change in luck and it would seem it's with us at the moment and long may it remain. With regards today, despite how bad we think we played, the Derby manager says that first 80 minutes was the best they have played all season so enjoy the 3-3.

What has been nice to see is we have been getting results with NW shuffling the pack, either by choice or by circumstance.

We won't be playing teams with the quality of Middlesbro, Derby and Wednesday again until the last match of the season. The next 8 games are winnable.

Yes if we keep our feet on the ground

It seems like a right Jolly boys outing for your lot at the moment Roger lol.
    That was also a good point however for Milton Keynes at Hull, I thought they would lose that one. And whether we like Lee Johnson and Bristol City or not, they have definitely put Fulham into the mix today. If they go down, just watch how little loyalty players like Ross McCormack will show to them.

[quote="jolly_roger"]In all of the many years I've been supporting the Millers I don't think I've ever seen a week like it.

Two home games against two very good sides in this division that have realistic chances of reaching the Premiership.

It was great to get 4 points out of 6 but we all seem to be missing the old elephant in the room, the minor point that we were battered for most of the 200 minutes playing time.

Yes lots of euphoria but our old failings are still there. The midfield is clunky and we have too many misplaced passes, the defence works hard but also makes many mistakes giving the opposition at least 3 clear chances per game. The attack is lightweight and easily bullied off the ball, we don't make very many clear chances. Our corner routines are poor as are our freekicks when we occasionally get them.

On the other hand though our manager has got them battling away and their spirit is beyond doubt.

In the world of football monopoly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12