+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is not a negative post !

This is not a negative post !

Firstly, what a game yesterday , don't think I can ever remember a game where we have been so outplayed and so dead and buried and yet we're still able to show the courage and commitment to come back like that. It felt like a win , fantastic !
    What I wanted to say was about the errors, mistakes and poor decision making that have littered this season and yesterday was a prime example, yes Derby were full of talented and very expensive players, but we do make it so hard for ourselves, how many times yesterday did we give the ball away, with either a wayward pass or bad control and first touch, how often does a 50/50 tackle end up with the opposition, or we will win a tackle and come away with the ball to lose it again within a yard. How many times did a pass up the wing so straight out of play. Individual errors also cost at least 2 of the goals.

If only we could improve on the above and not gift the opposition the ball so often, then with our heart and rejuvenated team spirit we re

re: This is not a negative post !

Gave the ball away far too many times..I would agree but I think there were a lot of tired legs and minds eg Frecks, Derbs, Thomas.

True that kempo, but how fit is danny ward?..he was still running like mad at the whistle..fantastic performance..he was like a jack russel at their defence all match..

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla
    True that kempo, but how fit is danny ward?..he was still running like mad at the whistle..fantastic performance..he was like a jack russel at their defence all match..
    Most improved player in my mind

Never seen him jump so much for headers and he won quite a few, him being the smallest guy on the pitch, bar the ref lol.

Derbs was knackered in first half.

yes they have some good players but we have one player that likes to gift goals to oppositions

we don't have the quality of player to try and keep the ball and do well in this league! if we try and match the way of playing of the likes of boro and derby we will get smashed.
    we have to play it ugly, long, direct and try and bring teams down to our level - there is nothing wrong with that. we dont have the millions that brings the quality and ability to keep the ball and pass forwards at this level.
    with NR we tried the football approach and we saw the results. SE and NW got/get results for us as they realise our limitations and play in a way that gives us chance to compete.