+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Fowler

James Fowler

There's no doubt about it , James Fowler is under a lot of pressure what with some terrible performances this season .

Do you think Queens should renew his contract and and put this year down as " work in progress " with such a new set of players

or start again with somebody new at the helm ?

re: James Fowler

fowler has to go ,he has had 3 quarters of a season to gell a team ,but i think its his tactics that kill the team from gelling we have aklot of attack minded players on the wings and more than enough forwards ,its the central midfield that concerns me a defence minded central midfield ,fowlers tactics means his whole idea of a game is to defend with these defensive mids ,we need a classy playmaker in there ,the way fowler sees a game means our attacking players have to defend more ,which doesnt work ,in short the bod have to get some bottle and sack him now asap.

I have to disagree in the strongest of terms, - James Fowler is trying his best at the moment as was seen at St. Mirren with a spirited performance, - so it would be madness to rock the boat at this stage in the season.

However, - as has been mentioned under another topic ad-nauseam, Mr. Fowler could do so much more to alleviate some of the problems he brings upon himself. If he considers some of the points under "change of tactics required" and acts upon a few of them, - he may well steer the ship away from the rocks.

The decision rests with the captain of the ship.............................................. ....for the moment.

As it currently stands at this stage of the season I would not make any change in the dugout. If things change however with regards to the playoffs and we secure at least a 5th place finish with a couple of games remaining the board may take action.

Don't think he deserves to be sacked after all we're sitting mid table not near the bottom but I also don't think he's done enough to earn a new contract
    Personally think we need a fresh start next season

I think the Palmerston crowd would give a favourable reaction if we gave the young lads Smith and Oliver regular run outs till the end of the season now . Both , raw obviously, but plenty pace and that's something we desperately need . Also, they are our players - ie not loans - and need developed . I could see Jake Pickard doing a job for us in the middle of the park in the future and that's where I'd like to see him bedded in.

I think at the end of the season if we don't renew his contract it will work out well for both parties. We can use excuses like wanting to take the club in a different direction and Fowler leaves with his reputation in tact and a fairly decent CV.

If we decide to keep him on then I can see season tickets and attendance's taking a major hit.

It's been a terrible season with no signs of any promise under this management for next.

right enoughs enough 2-0 down early at morton ,the fowler must go chants have to start now .

3-0 down thanks to 3 errors

The parties over for James

3 2 now taxi for fowler just maybe be on hold for now mon the south

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)