+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lamberts angry reaction

lamberts angry reaction

Lambert absolutely lays into the team's performance against Ipswich claiming it was rotten
    also he agrees it was a penalty and akpan shouldn't of used his arms
    this is a clear indication he has a idea who will be here next season and who has run out of time
    there was mass changes last night and by the sounds of it the players didn't grab the chance presented to them.

re: lamberts angry reaction

This sort of fits my thinking that there is only so much time that a new manager can 'motivate' his charges with the prospect of them believing they have a future where they currently reside.
    At some point, and one by one, they must, get an inkling that they are surplus to requirements.
    So then they lose interest in terms of doing well for the club, whilst their agents start to scour the market for their next pay day.
    It's all part of the process really, no gain without pain.

Will PL's eventual 'shopping list' be palatable for Venkys?

Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    This sort of fits my thinking that there is only so much time that a new manager can 'motivate' his charges with the prospect of them believing they have a future where they currently reside.
    At some point, and one by one, they must, get an inkling that they are surplus to requirements.
    So then they lose interest in terms of doing well for the club, whilst their agents start to scour the market for their next pay day.
    It's all part of the process really, no gain without pain.

Will PL's eventual 'shopping list' be palatable for Venkys?
    To be honest, Despair, I don't quite read it in the same way. I think PL has OVER-reacted to the performance. By all accounts, Ipswich looked little better than us. So, is the anger (the use of the word "rotten", for example) forced and deliberate? An attempt to underline the point to the owners that he needs money because the reserves are not good enough?
    I don't think Chris Brown could ever b

I have started to become a little concerned with this weekend's game
    a loss will see us go into the international break on the back of 3 straight losses and the way Rotherham is battling at the moment who could rule out a Ipswich upset?
    if the worst happens suddenly it's a 4 point gap and its panic stations again
    Lambert needs to get his tired lambs up for this game
    a loss must be avoided at all costs.

Corry Evans has to have an operation, but at the same moment, Chris Taylor is sent out on loan. That is, a guaranteed 100% performer on the very day the manager is telling players to look at themselves in a mirror because of lack of effort. Huh?
    Did HE look at himself in the mirror while we were on a run of four points in nine games, using tactics the groundsman's cat knew wouldn't work?
    This furious reaction looks like part of a hidden agenda to me. I've just spoken to my Ipswich friend on the phone. I told him what PL had said, and he was a bit mystified, as he admitted we might well have been three up after half an hour. Yes, we faded badly after that, but he said it was the poor quality of our passing that let us down - not a lack of endeavour.
    And, to be honest, it's not as if this is the first team we have put out this season that has "faded badly".
    Is Lambert's outburst a calculated effort to get money for new players, or is he just covering up his own errors in team-selecti

[quote="AucklandRover"]Corry Evans has to have an operation, but at the same moment, Chris Taylor is sent out on loan. That is, a guaranteed 100% performer on the very day the manager is telling players to look at themselves in a mirror because of lack of effort. Huh?
    Did HE look at himself in the mirror while we were on a run of four points in nine games, using tactics the groundsman's cat knew wouldn't work?
    This furious reaction looks like part of a hidden agenda to me. I've just spoken to my Ipswich friend on the phone. I told him what PL had said, and he was a bit mystified, as he admitted we might well have been three up after half an hour. Yes, we faded badly after that, but he said it was the poor quality of our passing that let us down - not a lack of endeavour.
    And, to be honest, it's not as if this is the first team we have put out this season that has "faded badly".
    Is Lambert's outburst a calculated effort to get money for new players, or is he

Thanks for Chris Taylor, we needed a winger, and as he has played for the Lions before he will be very welcome.

[quote="seventwo"]Corry Evans has to have an operation, but at the same moment, Chris Taylor is sent out on loan. That is, a guaranteed 100% performer on the very day the manager is telling players to look at themselves in a mirror because of lack of effort. Huh?
    Is Lambert's outburst a calculated ef

You wouldn't recognise evidence if you fell over it and constantly refer to your opinion as fact???
    Ask ten fans who watched the same game for their opinion and you'll get ten different answers.
    I suggested that neither you nor your friend know football better than PL, surely even you can see that is a fact?

I'm happy to compare PL managerial experience and achievements v GB any time.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo
    You wouldn't recognise evidence if you fell over it and constantly refer to your opinion as fact???
    Ask ten fans who watched the same game for their opinion and you'll get ten different answers.
    I suggested that neither you nor your friend know football better than PL, surely even you can see that is a fact?

I'm happy to compare PL managerial experience and achievements v GB any time.
    You seem determined to pick quarrels where none need to exist. I accept completely that you have never liked my posts. That's your right. I am what I am and so are you.
    But I still don't get what you are saying above. My friend offered an independent judgement on what he saw. What has that got to do with Lambert's level of football knowledge? Are you saying that no-one below managerial level has the right to comment on a game?
    You claim I don't really deal in facts. Well, did we go nine games, picking up four points and scoring three goals or no

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)