+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumbarton - a massive match

Dumbarton - a massive match

This Saturday's fixture really is a do or die match for Queens. If we lose then we really are in the relegation mire and with matches against Rangers and Falkirk coming up, I really can't see too many points coming our way.

We must not lose faith in Fowler at this frantic stage of the season, but once again I would plead with the man to even have a wee look over "the change of tactics" proposal placed before him, rather than stubbornly doing it his way. To lose 3 goals at Morton in half an hour meant it was an impossible task to claw back, - but they almost did!

One wonders if he had just adopted the recommended higher elevation option at the start of the game, that he might have been able to make tactical changes quickly enough to perhaps avoid two of the disastrous goals? It was always going to be difficult with our two full backs out of the picture and Morton capitalised so quickly on our misfortune.

There can be no excuses on Saturday, Queens should be fitter and faste

re: Dumbarton - a massive match

Nine points dropped in 7 days has us 8 points behind 4th place Raith Rovers but more
    worrying with 'Gers, Bairns and Raith games coming up we are only 10 off the dreaded
    bottom play - off spot so as Jardi says its do or die on Saturday v the Sons of the Rock.

Huge game and I really hope we get the maximum 3 points! Knowing us though we will probably lose this game and then end up winning both the Rangers and Falkirk games.

An absolutely massive match

Can see it being a sell out

[quote="jardi"] This Saturday's fixture really is a do or die match for Queens. If we lose then we really are in the relegation mire and with matches against Rangers and Falkirk coming up, I really can't see too many points coming our way.

We must not lose faith in Fowler at this frantic stage of the season, but once again I would plead with the man to even have a wee look over "the change of tactics" proposal placed before him, rather than stubbornly doing it his way. To lose 3 goals at Morton in half an hour meant it was an impossible task to claw back, - but they almost did!

One wonders if he had just adopted the recommended higher elevation option at the start of the game, that he might have been able to make tactical changes quickly enough to perhaps avoid two of the disastrous goals? It was always going to be difficult with our two full backs out of the picture and Morton capitalised so quickly on our misfortune.

There can be no excuses on Sat

Can't see there being much of a crowd or any kind of atmosphere this Saturday . The most noise you'll hear is from the usual moaning faced old gits in the mainstand who give Fowler dogs abuse . Some of the shouts are EMBARRASSING

It's a massive game to stop the rot more than anything. Top 4 forget it and relegation play off, no chance.

Morton game was disappointing but we did have both full backs out and we did well to fight back all be it not quite enough.

This will be the first home League game I have missed this season (glad to be over on the West coast of North America) as the last few weeks have been dire.
    We are in a situation now where all that matters is avoiding the play off place at the bottom, we need results.
    I have kept hoping that James Fowler would turn things around but it is just not happening. I have now lost all interest and if the current Management team are still in place at the end of the season it will be very unlikely that my season tickets will be renewed.

I'm equally sorry that this obsession upsets you sire! However, unless or until Mr. Fowler considers the opinions of others, - a manager he will not make.

It is quite clear to me that he continues to make the same mistakes game in and game out, yet he refuses to alter his position, - literally and otherwise. I'm convinced that an elevated position at Morton would have alerted him far more quickly to the dangers posed by Bobby Barr et al streaking down the flanks.

Perhaps if I stubbornly reiterate this strategy ad infinitim, it may gradually sink in? No - you are right , - perhaps not sadly.

If others constantly suggest that it is a crass idea, then Mr. Fowler will convince himself that he is doing the right and proper thing, because they are simply reinforcing that he is!

Regardless of whether Mr. Fowler changes his tactics or listens to anyone else, he is now on the cusp of real danger, and this match on Saturday is one he cannot afford to lose.

[quote="jardi"] I'm equally sorry that this obsession upsets you sire! However, unless or until Mr. Fowler considers the opinions of others, - a manager he will not make.

It is quite clear to me that he continues to make the same mistakes game in and game out, yet he refuses to alter his position, - literally and otherwise. I'm convinced that an elevated position at Morton would have alerted him far more quickly to the dangers posed by Bobby Barr et al streaking down the flanks.

Perhaps if I stubbornly reiterate this strategy ad infinitim, it may gradually sink in? No - you are right , - perhaps not sadly.

If others constantly suggest that it is a crass idea, then Mr. Fowler will convince himself that he is doing the right and proper thing, because they are simply reinforcing that he is!

Regardless of whether Mr. Fowler changes his tactics or listens to anyone else, he is now on the cusp of real danger, and this match on Saturday is one he can

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)