+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: referendum

referendum

no doubt we'll get the usual spin as the vote gets closer.

i Always believed that we had to be in, that is until what we see going on with all the refugees/migrants turning up in Greece and Turkey.

I will be voting NO, it won't be too long until Turkey are part of the EU, then that'll be another large group of people, some of who will want to move over here.............

ray........................in Batley.

I will be voting in

But thats not to say im not cautious over the expansion plans
    I think you are being a little pessimistic about Turkey i think their accessesion has moved further away not closer .

I would hope Dodgy Dave would veto any plans to extend qualified majority voting though
    Last edited by mcbrewer; 07-06-2016 at 10:45 PM. Reason: typo

The Turks would be heading towards Germany Ray. That a nation with such a Human Rights record is even being contemplated is a nonsense – that Erdogan is using the refugee crisis as leverage is nothing short of a disgrace.

I’ve been a floater for a while but have now decided to vote out. I’m not a raging anti EUer but I’m no fan of globalisation, smaller governance is better governance. The tactics of the ‘remain’ campaign have also been on the tawdry side, more spin fear from the people that gave us ‘Vote Labour, get SNP’ and put the kybosh on electoral reform.

Its a no vote from me
    Tighter border control's
    Plough the wasted money into the NHS
    Rebuild our fishing fleet
    Kick out foreign criminals
    The list is endless

Quote Originally Posted by dmb View Post
    Its a no vote from me
    Tighter border control's
    Plough the wasted money into the NHS
    Rebuild our fishing fleet
    Kick out foreign criminals
    The list is endless

Well, that's one in the eye for the establishment, the people have spoken and shown their dissent to all that goes on, the corruption, the tax evasion, the rich raking more in on the backs of the working man, there'll be loads of the wealthy making millions today from the devestating falls in the markets, they'll cry their crocodile tears....but they will be crocodile tears.

no one knows what's ahead, rocky days a plenty no doubt, but something needed to be done, the status quo wasn't an option.

there'll be another country that will benefit from the wealth creation that was once Londoncentric, sad to say, because a lot of what went on helped create the last recession, those situations are here to stay, but we have a chance to get this country cleaner.............let's spend more energy getting these dodgy tax deals for the rich sorted out, let's trust that there is still a place for morality.

tin helmets on guys.

ray..............................in Batley.

Turkey won't be joining the EU anytime soon.

I voted Remain and I still stand by my decision that we would have been better off in the EU. The fact is nobody knows what's going to happen and it's down to the new PM to get the best possible deal, but I'm sceptical that we'll end up accepting EU rules and Freedom of Movement in return for access to the Single Market - basically meaning we'll be in a similar position to if we Remained but we'll have no say in how the EU is governed.

Both sides campaigns were poor, but the Leave Campaign's main message was to cut immigration and pump £350 million into the NHS; how can they make claims like that with no plan in place?

And the pressure on the NHS is down to years of cuts, not the EU. In fact immigration is one of the things holding the NHS together - 20% of NHS staff are 'immigrants'.

Time will tell if it's the right decision.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)