+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massimo Cellino

re: Massimo Cellino

Don't think Cellino will be happy with Scotland after giving Leeds defender Liam Cooper the number 17 shirt, in their friendly against Denmark, to which Cooper was a unused substitute.

No player at Leeds United has worn the number 17 shirt for the last 2 seasons, because of Cellino believing it causes bad luck.

Leeds recently titled their 17th home game match day programme of the season, as issue number 16b upon instruction from Cellino, a match they lost to Nottingham Forrest.

[quote="jolly_roger" of number 17 is surprisingly widespread in Italy.

All to do with roman numerals and roman graves. (I think)[/quote]

It's to do with Roman numerals. The Roman numeral for 17 is XVII. Rearranging the letters spells VIXI which in Latin means "I have lived". Or in other terms "My life is over" or "I am dead".

It's not uncommon to find Tall buildings in Italy don't have a 17th floor. Hotels don't have a room 17. Alitalia Airline planes do not have a seat 17. Also Renault sold its R17 model as R177 in Italy.

It's not all that lucky in Rotherham either. My Great grandmother died unexpectedly at the age of 117

Good job Cellino's unlucky number wasn't number 3, otherwise there would be no Saturday 3pm kick offs at Elland road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12