+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the debt rises

re: the debt rises

I'm with you guys - well in the past.
    I suppose in many ways our clubs could have been construed as a community asset, albeit not actually owned by it. But none the less run as one ie purely for the entertainment of the local populace.
    Need it be said that even in the 'changing days' ours was rightly seen as very much one courtesy of Mr Walker (who invited all along for the ride).
    Again on this subject - pubs, who also are under financial threat ( Blackburn has to be the starkest example of their demise. There is absolutely no doubt as to there community benefit ie the 'local' , the village pub.
    In these days a new feature is to elect them to 'assets of community value' (in fact my most local one is one such) and being run by an ex regular.
    I don't know the 'inns and outs' of this, but I am assuming whoever takes one on gets some kind of allowances/assists.
    Wonder if BWD council can find the wherewithal to assist with BRFC.
    Maybe that's a step too far sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by chobulous
    Been announced that Burnley have posted a profit of £30.1m for their recent premier league season. Currently sitting pretty at the top of the Championship with 8 games to go. As a business model their approach has to be admired.
    When you appointed dyche you were on the verge of going under financially after overspending on shyte like Leon cort etc. Well run my arse, you got lucky, Very lucky.

and we didn't get lucky with JW???

The depth of your bitterness is truly breathtaking Saxo. Only beaten by your profound stupidity. Surely even you can see that, part of running the club well, was appointing a manager who actually could do the job. No luck there, just sound management. If an employer wants to appoint someone for a position, they don't just take pot luck and hope that the appointee will by some stroke of fortune do the job well. They do their homework and make the appointment on the basis of what that homework tells them about the candidates.
    Similarly if a business is run well it will survive in the market place. No luck there either. The same applies to football clubs. The Burnley board are playing the long game, taking a holistic approach to management, looking after the whole body, not just parts of it. That is why Burnley are doing well and other clubs are not.

Oh I see! So the board took you to the brink of financial ruin under laws and howe just because they wanted a challenge.. Dyche saving your asses against all the odds was all part of the well thought out plan all along..

Your right, brilliant.

[quote="Despair"]I'm with you guys - well in the past.
    I suppose in many ways our clubs could have been construed as a community asset, albeit not actually owned by it. But none the less run as one ie purely for the entertainment of the local populace.
    Need it be said that even in the 'changing days' ours was rightly seen as very much one courtesy of Mr Walker (who invited all along for the ride).
    Again on this subject - pubs, who also are under financial threat ( Blackburn has to be the starkest example of their demise. There is absolutely no doubt as to there community benefit ie the 'local' , the village pub.
    In these days a new feature is to elect them to 'assets of community value' (in fact my most local one is one such) and being run by an ex regular.
    I don't know the 'inns and outs' of this, but I am assuming whoever takes one on gets some kind of allowances/assists.
    Wonder if BWD council can find the wherewithal to assist with BRFC.
    Maybe th

As a Burnley Supporter, i honestly believe that Venkys dont know which way to go, i dont think they realised too run a Football Club consisted of laying money out,as they stated when they came, they wanted publicity overseas, i would ask do they regret what they took on with your Club, also as a non Rovers fan, i am not happy with this situation as it is, and also feel that they have removed all loyalty away from your Club, they could give Lambert more Millions and he could up sticks anytime, what then, why did he come, it must be well known in Football Circles Blackburns reputation, as it has been since these people arrived, because i have seen this at my Club over the years, Loyalty in Football, very very rare, (we are very lucky, with these People at the moment at Burnley) but we have to hope we can replace people sensibly when the time arrives, i do hope that your situation improves, but i cannot see Venkys throwing money at Football !! As it is Blackburn Rovers has been turned int

Thankfully nobody cares about the club enough anymore for it to be splashed all over the national media.

Stick.twist,or sell ? .. Only venkys know ! although the selling bit might be a bit difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit
    Stick.twist,or sell ? .. Only venkys know ! although the selling bit might be a bit difficult.
    Or perhaps bust ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)