+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Pompey....

Well done Pompey....

POMPEY have become one of the first clubs in the country to be awarded the Football League’s Code of Practice standard for Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination.

It was introduced as part of a commitment to English football’s Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination Action Plan which ensures clubs are inclusive across all sections of their business. It includes match day operations, general operations, community trust, youth development, fans and the first team.

Club CEO Mark Catlin said: ‘We are delighted to have received this acknowledgment by the Football League of our commitment to making Portsmouth FC an inclusive club that reflects its community.

‘We have been making huge strides in this area and the fact this effort has been recognised underpins our view the club is on the right lines. We know we still have more to do in this area, but we now have a solid foundation to build on.’

Colin Farmery is the club’s head of safeguarding and inclusion and an FA Tutor and he is bringing

re: Well done Pompey....

Sounds a bit discriminatory against idiots ldb, not really in keeping with our fine and upstanding stance on all things woolly.
    Inclusion Training programme my arris.

That coupled with the Financial information published today both add up to good news for the club. I really believe that we are finally getting it right off the field and despite the doom mongers amongst the Pompey fans I think we are getting it right on the field too now. We have our own training ground, the Academy seems to be coming along quite nicely and Mr. Cook seems to be getting the senior squad right and I can think of no other manager who we could entice to join the club who could do a better job at this level. Even if we don't go up this year, and I still think we will make the lottery of the play-offs, an achievement on fighting relegation for the past 2 years and with a completely new team virtually and backroom staff, we have a bright future.

amazing what you can do with money when used properly by people who care about the club,all them other knobheads who owned this great club should hang their heads in shame,****ing idiots,mind thats insulting idiots,PLAY UP POMPEY

Inded Daz I can recall more than a few who could fall into the doomsayers/idipsticks/dumbheads category.who not only dismised the efforts of those who stated the Trust but then beliitled its efforts even tried to derail it during those torrid times before the eventual takeover by the PST and the Presidents

Mind you they are long gone from the scene this board FP etc but the Club is still here.

What was it some said "You lot have no idea how to run a football club " Plonkers

Job reasonabley well done so far but not yet complete of course nor perfect but getting there

As I said a couple fo years back after acquisition its a 7 year cycle. Fat then Lean

2010 to 2017 so maybe we are i year to early

BC

Quote Originally Posted by lovedeanblue
    Can I add a request to our Stewards....Keep the idiots off the Pitch.
    Is it the stewards' fault though? Am sure they'd rugby tackle them if they could. It's the idiots who need to learn, not the stewards or club.

Big congrats to the club.

Agree that it is the idiots inflicting the damage but I do think there are times when the stewards have been caught off guard. The young man who ran on the pitch to take the goal kick against York gave many a laugh at the time but he is learning a painful lesson. I know 2 stewards really well and I wouldn't swap places with them for sure

i would love to run on the pitch and knock the winner in in the 90th min in front of fratton end to win promotion,last game northampton innit LDB,YOU BETTER KEEP HOLD OF ME PAL

Yes....well done Pompey........things heading in the right direction on and off the pitch.......hats off to the trust and those supporters that went the extra mile for their football club......and to the thousands of fans who stuck with the Club the last few years when the football was dire and it would have been easier and less painful to "give it a miss"!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)