+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FALKIRK SATURDAY

re: FALKIRK SATURDAY

Good point about Kidd there Willie. Should start for sure.

I have spent much of this season asking for the team to show passion and commitment, yesterday we saw these traits in abundance led most ably by Hutton who has been crucial in the team since the turn of the year. Fowler must also take credit for the changes he made to turn the game around but there seemed to be too much positional swapping around at times which is just confusing to players. I thought we matched Falkirk in most aspects but the final ball or move seemed to break down at the last stopping us from getting many strikes on goal.
    As for Brownlie I had sincerely hoped that he had turned the corner with his performance against Dumbarton but sadly yesterday he was simply a disaster waiting to happen again. Oliver struggled all game yesterday but has the conviction of youth to keep going and i would stick with him on that basis alone.

Quote Originally Posted by WULLIEQOS
    I FELT TODAY QUEENS LACKED IT UNTIL LEWIS KIDD WAS BOUGHT ON CHANGED THE TEAM MUCH OF QUEENS ATTACKING PROGRESS CAME FROM KIDD IN THE SUMMER SIMPLE AS QUEENS NEED A STRIKER LONGSWORTH NICKY CLARK OR THE LAD OSADOLLAR ARE OR MUST BE TARGETS

We had a striker who scores goals and who scored the equaliser sat on the bench for most of the game yesterday!!

We have a promising young one in the shape of Aiden Smith who never gets a look in.

We just favour Lyle who is liable to poach us a goal at the expense of pace and agility. He struggles for the full 90

Here's the goals. Look at how cool Lyle was for his goal. I remember screaming for him to hit it first time as well. - view external link

I was the same JR and thought the chance would be missed.

Having watched it again though, it was clever, class stuff from Del. Most would have blasted it first time only for it to be blocked.

I would certainly be looking to retain him for another season.

Falkirk didn't need a goalie yesterday until the last 15 minutes. I think 65minutes had gone before Queens mustered their 1st shot at goal which was a wayward effort by Hutton.The subs all made a great impact thankfully to earn us a point. Out of the starting eleven only Thomson and Hutton played well.When i heard the starting eleven i thought yes Harris, Hilson and Oliver can really worry the centre backs with their pace but that never happened at all.Why did Murdoch start instead of Kidd at right back, we got away with him playing there against the Sons but Falkirk are superior opposition.Well done to Del and Ian for composed finishes.The defence was a shambles at times need to stop giving away schoolboy error goals.Another tough game this Saturday let's hope for a much improved perfomance, because there were too many passengers yesterday.

Good to get the goals from Sky Sports along with another couple of Championship games too on a Sunday.

Was Gavin Skelton taken ill or sent to the stand on Saturday as I can't recall seeing him at all during the second half ?

I think Gav made himself ill as a consequence of the ref's incompetence, - and as a consequence he was sent to the stands.

Just as well, - because he was able to assess the game much better from a higher vantage point and as a result Queens got the draw!

Just stirring it now!

A good piece of stirring Jardi, well played sir ????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)