+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixture garbage

Fixture garbage

Ive noticed this weekend that Burnsley are having to go down to Brighton, for an early Satdy lunchtime/afternoon kick off. Do these utter morons at the FL really care about fans, especially when it comes to these long North and South journeys.
    How many fans who have to make a long away journey would prefer a later 5 or 6pm kick off on a Satdy, would those extra 2 or 3 hours help things (and surely it wouldnt bother the home fans at all). And fans tend to say the journey home isnt as bad as the journey there (but this has a lot to do with the result of course lol).

re: Fixture garbage

Its the great god Sky that determines these things and the FL just lie down open their legs and say take me as long as you pay us a pitttance!

Its been a long time since football was arranged for the benefit of the fnas. now I know times change and any revenue is welcome for clubs and the league, but just a tad more thought and these things could be arranged so as not to inconvenience too many people.

A pet hate of mine is games switched for TV at fairly short notice, means one cannot book train tickets far enough in advance to avoid paying more than a luxury limo would cost for fear that the time or even date of a game will switch.

The fans don't matter anymore that's the bottom line! And its no good expecting the morons at the FL to show common sense, that ain't going to happen

Agree with you Swale, Sky has phucked our great sport up and continues to do so with more thought for the £ note than the fan.

Acido, I don't get to a lot of games now because of one thing or another, but I wear my team on my back like a hump, I have all their games wrote in my diary to see which ones I won't be at work for & then I can listed to the commentary on Clarets Player.

I am on a long weekend (Thursday, Friday, sat, sun off) the wife wanted me to join her at her Mothers in Colchester as she is not well, I said I would but I wanted to come back early Saturday morning to listen to the Burnley game at 3pm.

It's only because I read your post on CM last night that I now find we are on Sky at 12:30 & we have to leave earlier which has not pleased everyone including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    The fans don't matter anymore that's the bottom line! And its no good expecting the morons at the FL to show common sense, that ain't going to happen

The FL agreed the contract with Sky, they just saw the thirty pieces of silver and any thought of real fans went out of their heads!

As far as I can see the only ones to benefit are the players cos the extra money has been shovelled straight downn the greedy gits throats.

Of course clubs could get together and force changes at the league but no doubt their CEO's etc are feeding from the same trough!

The police also annoy me, they have insisted on our game against the Blunts be made an earlier kick off again!!

Would have thought you needed to be ****ed to watch the Blunts!

You dont have to be sloshed to watch the Blunts... but it helps eh