+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Medals For Dogs

re: OT: Medals For Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    Swaledale I had zero respect for any of your opinions before, thanks for confirming my first impression.
    Dont worry about it, me and Swale rarely agree with each other either, but thats got nothing to do with this thread. Right Swaley ? [/quote]

I like to think we have a good heated debate and then agree I'm right [/quote]

We need an unbiased neutral referee here.... wheres Oldtimer ?

So here's one that fought the "Nobel" cause. Sold a break as a kid and handed a nightmare.

I won't go into Iraq and he didn't actually defend his country he invaded another for money and "technically" IMO is a war criminal. That aside he's seen action and left to rot so to speak.

Now think of all those Iraqis who didn't get a choice and were invaded and have had to fight civil wars and insurgents that have filled the vacuum since. That haven't had any support if they've even survived. Now we have another nation in Syria which will follow the same. The only difference is they may still have a government after of not much of a country. And could be spared the years after of fighting. If so its not our government to thank it's the Russian government who have gone in and out and for what gain? - view external link

[quote="Rattea" cause. Sold a break as a kid and handed a nightmare.

I won't go into Iraq and he didn't actually defend his country he invaded another for money and "technically" IMO is a war criminal. That aside he's seen action and left to rot so to speak.

Now think of all those Iraqis who didn't get a choice and were invaded and have had to fight civil wars and insurgents that have filled the vacuum since. That haven't had any support if they've even survived. Now we have another nation in Syria which will follow the same. The only difference is they may still have a government after of not much of a country. And could be spared the years after of fighting. If so its not our government to thank it's the Russian government who have gone in and out and for what gain?[/quote]

Absolutely. Is the Middle East / North Africa a better place since the removal of Saddam & Gaddafi? Doesn't look like it to me....

I really don't like his hat

Quote Originally Posted by Acido
    Swaledale I had zero respect for any of your opinions before, thanks for confirming my first impression.
    Dont worry about it, me and Swale rarely agree with each other either, but thats got nothing to do with this thread. Right Swaley ? [/quote]

I like to think we have a good heated debate and then agree I'm right [/quote]

We need an unbiased neutral referee here.... wheres Oldtimer ? [/quote]

Wheres the fun in that? Anyway having different views and opinions is what makes life interesting.

Firstly the armed forces are a necessity in this day and age. The world is a very un safe place today.
    I'm afraid the soldiers in our army have nothing to do with the political views of their leaders, they are just performing their jobs. (As they are told to do).
    It's a very dangerous job and surely deserves our respect. Many soldiers come back from doing their job with life changing injuries with little help from our lovely government.
    Most conflicts that we seem to get involved with are to do with money, oil, money, oil etc etc.
    Unfortunately the elite in our society still control the government, i.e.Rupert Murdoch. So consequently 'how is this the individual soldiers fault?'
    Secondly, Our country is not held in disdain by the peoples of many countries we have been involved with, speak to female Iraqis who can now freely go to school, I can assure you life is far better for the majority in Iraq today.

Tony Blair was wrong in taking us into conflict with Iraq, that is a fact

I was with you there right up until the last paragraph lol.

It's nonsense to feel guilty about 'wrongs' caused by our forefathers. Especially when judging them through today's values, even more so when these values are biased by the view that Britain is automatically wrong.

I didn't agree with Blair's follies in Kosovo, Iraq, or Afghanistan, nor Cameron's in Libya or Syria, I hazard a guess that many serving soldiers don't either.

That said with or without this a fair minority of the Muslim world would want to destroy us and our way of life. Our armed forces are what stands between us and them.

Russia would walk roughshod over every international agreement and a fair few borders without the fear of a response from us.

I guess we could leave it all to America, but we know how you Russell Brand fans think of the Great Satan.

Just look at the Invictus games and the terrible injuries suffered by these young people and sensibly compare it to the dangers scaffolders take.

What have Blair, Bush, Saddam, Putin, Pol Pot, Churchill, Roosevelt, Hitler, Stalin , Napoleon, Wellington have all got in common. Apart from the fact that they never got on with each other. They perhaps never actually themselves killed anyone. They did however get millions of probably very nice people to kill millions of other nice people. People they have never met, don't have an argument with and would probably get to like if they did get to know them. We need to get away from this unquestioning obedience where if asked people would unquestioning herd other people into gas chambers and then later maintain that they only following orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Akwesasne
    What have Blair, Bush, Saddam, Putin, Pol Pot, Churchill, Roosevelt, Hitler, Stalin , Napoleon, Wellington have all got in common. Apart from the fact that they never got on with each other. They perhaps never actually themselves killed anyone. They did however get millions of probably very nice people to kill millions of other nice people. People they have never met, don't have an argument with and would probably get to like if they did get to know them. We need to get away from this unquestioning obedience where if asked people would unquestioning herd other people into gas chambers and then later maintain that they only following orders.
    LOL

Dogs are blindly loyal and should be rewarded for loyalty with a bonio.

Now cats however are a different story. Usually they can't give a toss but in times of outstanding bravery and within situations not created by humans I would like to nominate one for a medal...
    Google you tube cat save baby from wild dog.....

If that was my cat it would be sunglasses, a reclining chair aand take the rest of the week off!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)