+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we survive is it time to increase the stadium?

If we survive is it time to increase the stadium?

guru wrote on anther thread….

'If we're safe for end of Blackburn game, need to start increasing capacity as soon as final whistle goes. East stand raising capacity to 16,000. Newcasle, Sunderland, Villa + Owls, Leeds ect give them away end & a third of East stand both tier'

Emphatically agree with that but can it be completed in 3 months? Yes the plans have been drawn up but is it possible to complete before August? Planning applications/approvals take time…
    Bet TS wishes the G&C site was over and done with…just imagine the extra revenue that would create with a small hotel and facilities on the site?

Well and truly been held back by red tape and a society that some of its board haven't even seen the site...

re: If we survive is it time to increase the stadium?

Agree Brin...

You would think the planning department would be all for it increased crowds extra people visiting the town.

But this is Rotherham counill and planning so no common sense at all.

In a word .............................. YES!

COME ON TONY - TIME FOR THE NEXT 'INCREMENT'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket
    Agree Brin...

Disagree with you slightly Pocket. Don't want to seem to be promoting Rotherham Council.
    Council were instrumental in getting NYS built on Guest & Chrimes site. If I'm not mistaken they also gave the club a £5m loan payable back over 5yrs. Planning permission could be fast tracked through if need be.
    Ideally the away end ought to have a top tier but it will be down to cost & speed of build so the proposals put forward to tag some extra seats at the back end of the stand is more than likely the way forward.
    I would start with the away end first.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank
    Agree Brin...

Disagree with you slightly Pocket. Don't want to seem to be promoting Rotherham Council I don't have too much time for them.
    Council were instrumental in getting NYS built on Guest & Chrimes site. If I'm not mistaken they also gave the club a £5m loan payable back over 5yrs. Planning permission could be fast tracked through if need be.
    Ideally the away end ought to have a top tier but it will be down to cost & speed of build so the proposals put forward to tag some extra seats at the back end of the stand is more than likely the way forward.
    I would start with the away end first.[/quote]

I stand corrected

Straight YES from me

YES

SYP will STRONGLY object to away allocations being increased. No alcohol was served in the away end yesterday on police orders.

Thinking about the clubs that have big followings there should be enough to warrant into looking at this…we only allow them 2,400 max and I'm sure they could so easily double that if they were given the opportunity…
    Possible newer teams to play may interest our fans thus increasing our own side of the gate revenue...

Obviously there are other costs to consider….higher gates means higher policing so it's not all plain sailing..

These kind of games would have to be Cat A games due to volumes involved but I'm sure the revenue on the gate far out weighs the costs…..extra catering facilities would have to be laid on on the corporate side so thinking along those lines there's money to be made...

Let's be patient though and see where this season finishes first eh….

No, bigger stadium would feel too empty for the smaller games.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast