+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lyle Rumour

Lyle Rumour

Link below. Just wouldn't be right somehow. - view external link

re: Lyle Rumour

As it says on the Thread QUEENS SCORING GOALS AT LAST -Tan
    Man is playing on and preferably at Palmy but the Pars are a bigger
    club so you never know

Hopefully just paper talk but the link is obvious.

Hopefully the Club make him an offer that is good enough to make him - or his agent - decide to stay with us.

Perhaps this interest from a progressive Club and a Manager who recognises what he brings may make some who doubt his worth to us think again.

We should do all we can to keep him.

The same applies to Chris Higgins as I suspect Magic would be interested in him also. I think he would be more likely to go - been there before - as he may feel he needs a fresh challenge and can be part of Dunfermline's onward progress in the next few years.

I really hope both stay as they are excellent professionals whose experience and example are a great asset to us.

If they move on for a better deal - as they are entitled to though some football fans seem to struggle with that - then all the very best to them.

Lyle and Clark would be a good partnership at East End or Palmerston !

Going to be a bit controversial to some and say Lyle has not had a great season A lot to do with the way he is getting used by Fowler in starting him far too often . He is still getting the odd goal thought and goals talk.. If he wants to go to a bigger club then who can blame him. No matter what, we know what he has done for Queens but shouldn't have to up the ante money wise for a 35 year old if it came to that

I believe that Lyle is still the best striker at the club especially in the air. Granted he is getting on a bit but his work rate this season has been outstanding despite the number of full games he has been asked to play. I used to be a critic of Del Boy thinking that he was show pony but he has both matured and actually improved with age. Give him at least one more year then re-assess his fitness at the end of next season. I think he at least deserves that. The man is after all a Queen's legend.

Queens should be pushing the boat out to retain their four key senior players in Dowie, Higgins, Lyle and Russell.

I would sign him on as a super sub only. We need to look towards pace now in a front two and with some height!

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    I would sign him on as a super sub only. We need to look towards pace now in a front two and with some height!
    I agree with the super sub idea Deek. I also think the Dowie/ Higgins partnership is needing broken up as well after sterling service

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)