+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Premier League: improving or disintegrating

Premier League: improving or disintegrating

Let's not convince ourselves fester is one of the great teams of all time. They have some half decent players and have rode their luck but the almost consistent ability across the board this season of the ticker clubs to fail in such style has opened the door to others who show a little bit of consitency.

I guess the truth will be in the pudding next season In the champions league how the likes of fester and Tottenham perform. I personally don't have high expectations.

IMO the Adam Johnson situation sums up where the PL is. Average players on large wages and underperforming losin a grip of reality and letting the real world fall to bits With no warning and not the ability to stop it.

A few years ago we were dominating the champions league with only a couple of other clubs even close. Now we are none contenders and looking at the Europa cup for any glory.

So for me it's disintegrating .... And to be honest for clubs like us that's not a bad thing.

re: Premier League: improving or disintegrating

It's not disintegrating...the league is just not as good as the money in it should produce....premier tams still appear to get the second tier players for first tier money.
    Top top players would still rather play in Spain ....why??....way of life as much as the football probably.
    Would you rather live in Birmingham or Barcelona..

Bit of each I think Rats. Weaker at the top this season but, Villa and Newcastle apart, stronger elsewhere.
    Expect Liverpool, Chelsea and City to be much stronger next season and if Tottenham can keep their manager I think they could become a genuinely strong side for the foreseeable.
    Equally can see Leicester struggling next season especially with the unfamiliar extra demands of European competition.
    On the plus side there seems to be less 'yo-yoing' and the performances of sides such as Bournemouth, Watford, Southampton, Swansea, Stoke, probably Norwich, and of course Leicester themselves should, as you say, mean we can be very optimistic about being able to survive in the 'promised land' should we ever get there.

Interesting comments from Fabregas a few month ago, who said the Premier League has improved since he last played in it for ****nal.

His point was that the so called lesser teams in the league now have players that are just as quick, are just fit and just as strong as those from the so called top teams.

Therefore the difference is simply technical, and if the players from the traditionally better teams don't perform to the highest levels each week, then they are going to lose more games.

We now have a team like Stoke that have 5 players with Champions League winners medals perhaps emphasis how much the lower teams in the Premier League have improved.

The fact that English teams haven't performed very well of late in the Champions League in part may be down to this point, simply each game in the Premier League is tougher than in Spain or France for example, where apart from one or two games a season where they are really tested, the top teams are more focussed on the Cham

It is really poor, but it's a good thing. The clubs with big bucks aren't dominating, or buying players who really are that much better, so the playing field is levelling out.

I really can't think of a player in the top division that gives a wow factor, makes me want to see a certain team play. You can do so with most generations, but not the current one.

It's all so average.

Definitely not disintegrating. Maybe it has deteriorated a bit this season but in some cases but its probably temporary. The PL is the most competitive in the world and as a result English clubs are struggling a bit in Europe. It should be noted that Mancity have made progress in Europe this season and I expect they will go even further next season. Liverpool will improve under Klopp for sure and Spurs could do well in Europe next season.
    Your Adam Johnson analogy is well wide of the mark. A lot of professional footballers may be massively overpaid, but they are getting the market rate and that in no way indicative of a person having low morals or criminal tendencies.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)