+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision time for the BOD's

Decision time for the BOD's

There's no doubt about it , the board of directors have a massive decision to make in the coming weeks

Do they stick with James Fowler or do they get in a more experienced manager for next season .

Yet another defeat tonight puts more pressure on not only Fowler but the club .
    I realise this season wasn't going to be easy but some of the performances and results like tonight are completely UNACCEPTABLE

Nothing personal but hope I don't see certain players in a Queens strip every again after the Hibs game

re: Decision time for the BOD's

2 - 1 up at half - time but gubbed 4 - 2 - what on earth is going on - answers please Mr Fowler

Quote Originally Posted by Palmyman
    2 - 1 up at half - time but gubbed 4 - 2 - what on earth is going on - answers please Mr Fowler
    Our 17th defeat of the season . Just not good enough on and off the park

Time to rip it up and start again perhaps ?????

iv been saying it since about 10 games into the season fowler just hasnt a clue ,but all the happy clappers say give him time he had to rebuild a squad lol ,wake up call it wasnt about replacing the players it was about his useless tactical decisions ,the man is out his depth at this level its been plain to see all season .

He hasn't been helped with some ridiculous mistakes by the defence

Quote Originally Posted by 84yards
    Our 17th defeat of the season . Just not good enough on and off the park

Time to rip it up and start again perhaps ?????[/quote]

In what way do you think the off the park activities aren't up to scratch?

James Fowler

First alarm bells were when he took over and played half a season with no assistant manager as a rookie!
    Then he brings in a old work mate with no experience of the Scottish game.
    The writing was on the wall with signing a load of young hopefulls straight for the first team, a completely nieve thing to do and only based on the fact we flourished a batch who departed in the summer.
    Holt, Reilly, Danny and McShane were gradually blooded in with experienced players not all thrown in out of their depth as a collective and expected to perform!! It was a disaster waiting to happen.
    Lack of experience on the park and in management at this level and you get found wanting.

If the BOD stick with him it's a big risk. Risk that he can bring in the quality of player needed at this level and somehow click with management and risk that the fans although clearly not happy will purchase season tickets.

I also think that Fowler's constant tinkering with the setup in simply unsettling for the players as we have hardly started with the same team for two consecutive games. Secondly we have too many players out of position and looking bemused at the start of games.The defence has been caught sleeping too frequently all season conceding soft goals putting the team on the back foot to often. We then slowly make our way back into the game sometimes getting a goal only to lose a goal with yet another soft counterpunch. Changes are made to personnel and team structure resulting in chances being created mostly scorned some converted. The common denominator in all of this unfortunately is the manager and his background team. I honestly believe we have the players but they are not being utilised to their full potential often being constrained by negative tactics until it is too late and we are behind chasing the game. Change of management required otherwise I fear for next season. Sorry James.

And to think when Jim McIntyre was in charge many were calling for his head. All I would say is 'be careful what you wish for'. In my opinion there has to be a change but Fowler has brought it on himself by not standing up for himself & listening to people who shouldn't have a say in what goes on, but have too much pull at the club. The Baird & Kerr situation proved this. For me the BOD's will make the right choice as they can't be criticised after all they have done. I think Spikefaethesouth hit the nail on the head in what he said in 'The common denominator in all of this unfortunately is the MANAGER and his BACKGROUND TEAM.'

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)