+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Aid farce......

re: Foreign Aid farce......

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet
    You have my vote Laz
    Thanks for your support Roger, Ill get my coat! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanRam
    You have my vote Laz
    Thanks for your support Roger, Ill get my coat! ;-)[/quote]

My bags are packed also. Pick a nice place next time.

Just leave me alone, Id rather settle somewhere, I quite liked it here.

Quote Originally Posted by AfghanRam
    Just leave me alone, Id rather settle somewhere, I quite liked it here.
    So do I. We'll just have to see how the vote goes, I just hope it's just a warning shot across the boughs. Lazaart's a pretty decent sort. It just depends how the natives react.

Arundel, its Lazaat with no R, this is not the way to avoid being executed LOL

Just to get back to the original post I have to say it is not a pointless petition as Anag says for example.

President Zuma of South Africa was given £19 million to alleviate poverty, he spent £13million on his house.

In 2009 a former vice president of Afganistan was caught with 51 million dollars in cash at Dubai airport.

The president of Uganda was given £70 million, he bought 2 gulfstream jets.

I could go on but I would lose the will to live, and don't forget we have to borrow that £12 billion.
    Charity begins at home.

AFGHAN (post 20) Im not sure about that but what I can say is that our gross contribution to the EU annually is currently running at £13 billion gross, £ 8.5 billion net. And people are up in arms about the wasted money in contributions to the EU. yet we are spending in net terms more on foreign aid than the EU. Something doesn't make sense here..

Ah: now I know what it is - the OP's figure is incorrect. Foreign Aid is in fact £ 16 billion annually!! And its ring fenced so effectively guaranteed for the next 5 years. Ok this figure was in the Daily Express and so is probably wrong, and there is maybe some payback in the way of trade profits stemming from the aid, but its ironic that people are up in arms about the EU budget yet Foreign Aid is at even higher levels and guaranteed.

Best waste of money that I can see is £51,000 giving work experience to Serbians in the UK Sorry Anag but that sort of thing is not the "hearts and flowers" helping children in war torn countrie

I would vote for you to stay Afghan, but..... I'd struggle to be so positive wrt Arundel who seems to be the prime goader in this case

[quote="roger_ramjet"]AFGHAN (post 20) Im not sure about that but what I can say is that our gross contribution to the EU annually is currently running at £13 billion gross, £ 8.5 billion net. And people are up in arms about the wasted money in contributions to the EU. yet we are spending in net terms more on foreign aid than the EU. Something doesn't make sense here..

Ah: now I know what it is - the OP's figure is incorrect. Foreign Aid is in fact £ 16 billion annually!! And its ring fenced so effectively guaranteed for the next 5 years. Ok this figure was in the Daily Express and so is probably wrong, and there is maybe some payback in the way of trade profits stemming from the aid, but its ironic that people are up in arms about the EU budget yet Foreign Aid is at even higher levels and guaranteed.

Best waste of money that I can see is £51,000 giving work experience to Serbians in the UK Sorry Anag but that sort of thing is not the "hearts and

You support is touching!!!!

My point was to highlight cost creep, as an accountant you will be expected to challange and resist all costs.

I save around £150k a year as an P&FM just by challenging and shopping around, thats the private sector as you well know -maximising profit and minimizing loss.

Tax payers money is not treated with the same respect, you could half the countries running costs with the right people in the right roles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast