+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Darren Young - Favourite

re: Darren Young - Favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man
    He has one of the lowest budgets in the division, if not the lowest, and has made them a competitive mid-table side. It's no use trying to play pretty football if you get relegated. Bear in mind he managed two low scoring draws against Dunfermiline, who have been thumping sides week in, week out. Frustrating Dunfermiline fans can therefore be regarded a success.Few Rovers fans want to see him leave.

At Queens he'd be able to sign a better quality player. If interviewed for the job he'll have the chance to put forward his football philosophy.
    I am not disputing he has done well at Rover's . In these circumstances though , , when I/we don't know much about the person involved, it's good to get a feeling of what's in store from those that know him better.. Rover's have scored 34 goals in 34 games and conceded 41 . An easy to work out average of 1 goal a game

Quote Originally Posted by Sane_Man
    He has one of the lowest budgets in the division, if not the lowest, and has made them a competitive mid-table side. It's no use trying to play pretty football if you get relegated. Bear in mind he managed two low scoring draws against Dunfermiline, who have been thumping sides week in, week out. Frustrating Dunfermiline fans can therefore be regarded a success.Few Rovers fans want to see him leave.

At Queens he'd be able to sign a better quality player. If interviewed for the job he'll have the chance to put forward his football philosophy.

yes but with those kind of defencive tactics he uses at albion infront of there 400 diehard fans is ok coz there at the lowest of the low with attendances ,where as if he came to a club like queens with a bigger following and a bigger potential following those type of tactics wont attract extra fans through the gates ,in fact will only result in dropping attendances ,what we need is

billy reid would be a decent shout ,ex queens man ,had a decent record as manager at hamilton ,likes his teams to pass with a quick tempo ,and is used to having a team that played on synthetic pitches ,and has decent contacts in the game ,good eye for bringing through the right quality of youths also ,,he fits the bill for the queens job .

Would agree totally with all that about Billy Reid , so that probably means he has no chance.
    So manys getting banded about , just wish it would get sorted sooner rather than later, mind you they are maybe waiting to see if Jose gets the Man Utd job

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC
    billy reid would be a decent shout ,ex queens man ,had a decent record as manager at hamilton ,likes his teams to pass with a quick tempo ,and is used to having a team that played on synthetic pitches ,and has decent contacts in the game ,good eye for bringing through the right quality of youths also ,,he fits the bill for the queens job .
    Reid is in Sweden as Ostersunds' assistant manager.

yep albertz i know this but a chance of being a manager in his own right should far outwaigh an assistants job .

I wouldn't fancy any of them to be fair. if the club wants to match its self stated progressive expectations then none of those fill me with the confidence to match. Johnstone is still without a contract at Dunfermline, i'd drive him back to Palmerston myself. He has the drive and ambitions that the club want and i think we should make him an offer. What about Stuart McCall? why not? Finally I like the idea that someone else banded about regarding Neil MacFarlane.......

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC
    yep albertz i know this but a chance of being a manager in his own right should far outwaigh an assistants job .
    Would be good if Queens could entice him back from Sweden. Popular ex-player and was a good manager at Hamilton.

Agree totally with fortheloveofqueens re. Magic.

Dunfermline are traditionally a bigger Club than us and no doubt ambitious but at the moment we are more established. It would be a tremendously bold move to take him from Dunfermline but would send a clear message that we mean business and would also leave them in a bit of a muddle going into the new season.

He has unfinished business with us and we also have the surface that he desired but has never experienced. Of course he is unproven in the Championship but I am sure most, if not all, would have been wanting him to stay following our promotion - a situation Dunfermline now find themselves in.

The lists of candidates on view are most uninspiring - I would take James Fowler over any of them.

An audacious move for Magic would be the one that would excite me most.

Would love to see Johnstone back but I suspect he is just playing hard ball to get a better deal with them.
    Heard the story at Palmy yesterday that Darren Young wasn't picking the Rovers side. With Skelton here, would we be looking to bring Young's assistant as well? Don't mean any disrespect to Rovers but I would be hoping for someone with a longer / better record.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)