+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vacancy at Parkhead

Vacancy at Parkhead

With Deila going at the summer will there be any interest in our man?

re: Vacancy at Parkhead

Dont think so He not that well known in Europe and think Celtic need a proven euro manager Celtic want consistancy if they had some runs like we had this season any managers head be on the block Another good season for us and then might be on the list

The press will be all over it at press conference tomorrow but as stated in sure he will not be in the frame

I doubt he'll be in the frame but you can bet your last dime that McGhee will be interested and he'll be chucking his tuppence worth in about the situation and blowing his own trumpet, sending 'come and get me' vibes the next time he speaks to the media, probably in the pre-Hearts presser.

No doubt about it, McGhee will be all over that one. I heard a Celtic fan on the phone in the other day and McGhee was his preferred choice for the managers post. Can't see it getting off the ground though.

There's not a chance McGhee will be considered by Celtic this time. I hope he is eventually mind as it would mean he'll have worked a miracle with us.

We'll just have to settle for the inevitable thread of rage at a man giving his opinion when asked a question come the press conference for now!

Can’t see McGhee being a contender but media will have his on shortlist (?)
    I see Mad Lenny (unemployed) has made it known interested and no surprise there !
    Although Moyes being mentioned, he will have a higher calling and its not Paradise
    Lets hope Roy Kean successful, purely for the entertainment value of watching him fail again. TBH … care not a jot who takes over

I 2nd that have no interest whatsoever in who gets it and I'm sure McGhee will get pelters tomorrow no matter how he answers the barrage of questions the press hit him with tomorrow

Wouldn't be one bit perturbed (or indeed surprised), if he shoved his CV under the noses of the Mankies Board, but I don't think he'd be considered.
    These past few years have shown regardless of who's in charge of our team, when the 5hit hits the fan, and we look to be going into Div 1, the players eventually pull their fingers out their ar5e ! That don't make McGhee a great manager. Get your money on Moyes ... just noticed he's moved to 10/11 with the bookies !!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)