+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Chad Evans

re: O/T Chad Evans

Just to clarify... Ched Evans has not been found innocent to all those lacking the capacity to understand what this means (yes, you know who you are).

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon
    Impossible to say what his prospects are in a retrial.

There can be no ramifications for Sheffield United as his former employer. They acted in good faith after he was convicted of rape. He doesn't have an accuser as such given that his alleged victim had always maintained that she cannot recall what happened. In any event, the CoA decision is not based upon what they think about Evans' guilt or otherwise, it is based upon an assessment of whether his conviction was safe given the existence of new evidence that the jury did not hear.
    Are there stats to suggest that retrials are usually successful for the convicted?

Quote Originally Posted by John2
    Just to clarify... Ched Evans has not been found innocent to all those lacking the capacity to understand what this means (yes, you know who you are).
    I can't see where anyone has said that.

Who said he's innocent John.

Why you have to try and patronise people I don't know.

Is it an insecurity or are you just looking for an argument?

Quote Originally Posted by scum_triumphant
    I can't see where anyone has said that.
    Nobody has directly. But an apology has been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket
    Is it an insecurity or are you just looking for an argument?
    Why can't it be both?

Come on John your an intelligent guy aren't you ??

For what it's worth I think ched Evans has been treated poorly by the media and all these internet trolls.

If he's found at a re trial to be innocent I wouldn't have any objection to him signing for us.

I think a lot of the critisicm has come his way because he's a footballer and to me that's just unfair.

For what its worth, even if he is found innocent in a retrial I still think he is a vile scumbag.

Innocence in the law is unrelated to moral innocence.

Regardless of the retrial or any legal guilt, if he were ever to acknowledge that what he did was wrong and show genuine remorse and a desire to educate young people about consent, I'd be happy for the club to give him a trial.

I think based on his behaviour he has deserved everything that has come his way.

Hang the b*****d!

Agree with all that John. What he did was morally repugnant, irrespective of the legal outcome. We all make mistakes so I don’t want to over judge what he did but he has handled this badly, a contrite and sincere apology at the outset was what was needed.

I know of no stats on the outcome of retrials. Perhaps jolly could Google it?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast