+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our last HOME game of the season

Our last HOME game of the season

Not long now until last home game of season 2015/16 when we face Livingston at Palmerston

As per usual it's a chance for all us loyal fans to show our appreciation to the players for their efforts throughout season .

Please please please Queens don't take the players off the park after the final whistle only for them to reappear a few minutes later to a near empty stadium .

I've felt embarrassed the last two years when this happened , as did the players

re: Our last HOME game of the season

Absolutely spot on Johnny it has been a mega embarrassment to see the Queens
    players re - appear MORE than a few minutes later with the majority of the crowd
    long gone - perhaps a piece could be put in the programme and also Lord Palmerston
    could announce at half - time that the team will be making a final home appearance of
    the season !

A lot will depend on the result and performance on the day as to how many Queens fans will still be inside Palmerston at the final whistle, but I quite agree that the players should do their "lap of honour" immediately after the final whistle and the supporters should stay and show their appreciation.

[quote="Auld_Chippy" immediately after the final whistle and the supporters should stay and show their appreciation.[/quote]

Spot on Auld Chippy

The club do read this site and at times they do listen so here's hoping

we're an impatient bunch and don't want to see the players disappearing for 5 minutes and returning to only a few hundred spectators
    Hopefully Queens won't make the same mistake again

Back to the top for anybody at Queens who's reading this thread before Saturday's game

You either want to do it, or you don't - everyone has the choice.

If you do, then I don't see the problem with waiting a few minutes. Everyone seems so impatient these days. Of course, if travel or work commitments dictate then fair enough.

I recall more than a few even leaving on Trophy presentation day !

Given how the season has gone and the air of negativity demonstrated by more than a few then there will certainly be some who can't wait to leave.

I have witnessed many last day horrors but the result on the day should be completely irrelevant. It's not about that, no-one should be that fickle.

By this point I was hoping for some stability and news of some players signing for next season so we would know if it would be the last opportunity to see them or not.

I particularly refer to Higgins and Lyle - survivors of our glorious Double season - both of whom I would like to stay.

Given the events of this week I think that is much less likely now.

and it's Nithvalley by a nose ........!!!!!!!

Lock the doors so no one can escape ?

Seriously, don't give a proportion chance to get bored and walk off. Quick lap round straight after the whistle job done.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    Lock the doors so no one can escape ?

Seriously, don't give a proportion chance to get bored and walk off. Quick lap round straight after the whistle job done.
    Correct Deek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)