+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arbroath 0-0 Montrose

Arbroath 0-0 Montrose

A poor excuse for a game of football. Little wonder these two teams are at the bottom of the lowest senior league in Scotland.

Surprised there were no major changes in the team from last week. Gold disappeared again after crossing the touch line at the start of the game and we had the same old failings. On today's showing, if Gary Fraser is a signing target.......oh dear.

Was there a bonus or prize for whoever kicked the ball highest in the sky? A p**s poor end to our home games this season. The most exciting thing of the whole afternoon was the ref getting blootered in the face with the ball and needing attention from the physio for a bleeding nose. Should he not then have left the field of play and then returned from the half way line?

re: Arbroath 0-0 Montrose

Well put Bellevue, did Fleming actually make a save today?
    Roll on next Saturday at 4.45pm and let's put this season firmly behind us.

One of the poorest, tamest derbies I can ever recall. I was hoping at half time the ref would call off the game due to apathy and the fact that it was positively Baltic today.

Sums up our season. Had the best of the play but couldn't convert. Fraser didn't impress. Doris a better signing target?

Fraser is a target because he's scored 18 goals this season, very impressive considering Montroses position.

Was anybody good today? Up there with the worst games I've ever watched.

glad i never went sounds like a very poor game, was up in Kingussie watching shinty, Kingussie v Glenurquhart 4-3 , it was also freezing up there with a bit of snow, but a good game it was.

I think I have watched over 500 games of football at a ground with another 1000 on TV and that was probably the worst 90 minutes I have ever witnessed (and I was a season ticket holder at Everton in the 90s when they were truly awful!).

I'll admit that I know little about Scottish football and got my season ticket for Arbroath based on them being the closest to me, but I hope that the new manager is wily enough to find some players who can pass on the desk for next season. As already mentioned, the ball spent more time 40 foot up than it did on the grass.

The highlight as already mentioned was the ref taking one in the chops which is always appreciated.

Roll on next season with a few players who can keep the ball under 40ft, and maybe even a winger who goes past the man and doesn't continually cut inside over and over and over and over....

At least it should be warm for the next visit to Gayfield

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)