+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frantic race for 2nd Place

Frantic race for 2nd Place

It's this simple . Falkirk have one game left against Morton at home and have a three point lead over Hibs and a seven better goal difference. They will be big favourites to claim 2nd place and avoid two extra play off games .
    Hibs have two games left and these are Dumbarton at home on Tues night and us of course this Sunday. Hibs have no other option than to try and THRASH Dumbarton and us . If they can beat Dumbarton and draw level with Falkirk then they will surely be throwing everything and the **** sink at us . I am not so worried because they will be wide open for us to counter when their moves break down. I can see this being a high scoring game at both ends .

re: Frantic race for 2nd Place

Both Dowie and Kidd are suspended for the Hibs game ......

Why when I wrote "kit chen sink " has it been starred out as if I swore. Same when I write an earlier post about ****i es Bar . Is a man's not **** as well ?

Thank christ you didn't talking about ****s **** Sink as we'd be unable to understand what the hell you were on about!

With Hibs committed to the attack on Sunday, this will leave gaps for us to pour forward yourself . Dowie being out will not help matters and I expect we could concede a few but will score as well. Harris of course will be out as well as playing against his own team. Murdoch could play right back with either Brownlie or Hooper in beside Higgins and Marshall left back.

[quote="JRSLEFTPEG" has it been starred out as if I swore. Same when I write an earlier post about ****i es Bar . Is a man's not **** as well ?[/quote]

Have checked out the profanity filter and strange that the words have been starred out.
    Perhaps your keyboard needs looking at - it may be sending out s h I t e -

To make things even more exciting it looks as though Kilmarnock are going to be in the play offs.

I can't see them being able to see off either Falkirk or Hibs.

My preference would obviously be for Falkirk to beat Hibs and then beat Kili, - fingers crossed!

Hibs were seven goals worse off than Falkirk . Well, they are now five goals worse off than the Bairns having taken a two goal lead tonight against Dumbarton. This could get very interesting indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Hibs were seven goals worse off than Falkirk . Well, they are now five goals worse off than the Bairns having taken a two goal lead tonight against Dumbarton. This could get very interesting indeed.
    Finished 4-0, so Falkirk now have 67 points and a goal difference of 26 and Hibs have 67 points and a goal difference of 23, both having lost 34 goals. If we assume both teams win on Sunday Falkirk will have 70 points and, at worst, a goal difference of 27; which means that, to equal Falkirk (assuming Falkirk win by only 1-0), Hibs will then need to beat Queens handsomely. 4-0 would seem them equal Falkirk, 5-0 or even 5-1 would see Hibs into second place: but as Queens supporters do we really care?

First of all , credit to Hibs for a convincing win tonight . They will come flying out of the traps at us trying to win and eat into Falkirks three goal advantage. . I expect Falkirk to win though but I also expect Hibs to win as well unfortunately. One thing for sure is that they will leave plenty gaps for us to hit them on the counter as they pour forward ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)