+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goalscorer

re: Goalscorer

[quote="robinrover"]Ok I will give a response to that
    the fact of the matter that the season we should of got at least a play off place we conceded far too many goals this of course was down to a flimsy centre midfield and in defence
    offensively we were almost perfect hence Rhodes and gestede scoring what they did however everybody was aware of our weakness
    what was the main problems?
    Well Hanley for one
    He was injured and still was being played and to top it off given a captain's armband this was still the biggest error he made
    countless errors led to us drawing games in winning positions
    blind loyalty cost us and on top of countless changing team members smacked of he clearly didn't know his best team
    consistent selections can lead to consistent results
    I have openly said bowyer should of gone at the end of the season
    In my opinion to not be in the play offs at the end of the season was a massive fail but to be further adrift than the season

The facts are all to see aucks
    first season:with a new squad we achieve 7th and missed out by goal difference
    second season:with a gelled squad we end up 10th and a good 10 points short
    this season:leaves us 15th and giving me no impression we were going to be any better than that
    I agree he has sorted the defence and our players let him down with their lack of goals however I wouldn't of even given him this season
    success is achieved by progression we are going backwards
    is Lambert a success?Christ no but he should be given next season at least after all bowyer was given the same.

I totally agree with both Aucks and Robin!
    Yes Aucks I am very downbeat as we now have seemingly an accountant 'in charge', so in effect if I was in HIS shoes what would be my view / advice ?.......well I think all must know the answer to that. Accountants don't work on optimism, it's all a numbers game.
    You are quite right that at some point GB may have progressed sufficiently to create a challenging squad, the question always was 'how long' ? And with that, did the financial dilemma (increasing) give us the window to wait?
    Just how patient are Venkys in awaiting this 'turnaround' by GB, or an other, that's a good question and no one knows.
    Yes I have said all the way along that for me personally I do prefer the 'cleaner air' of the Champs, however I'm not paying the bills!
    There is no way on this earth this club ie its owners can accept a prolonged stint in this league, as presently it is falling apart.
    I have no idea if Myers has his own agenda, but reading through it, it gla

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)