+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Famous people from Derby

re: Famous people from Derby

Quote Originally Posted by redhugh
    Hurt was born in Chesterfield I believe! However since the of our club is Derby COUNTY I think we can accept anyone from the county as being relevant to the answer. That said Swale's list does seem to iclude a load of people who I had never heard of before googling them. maybe I am out of touch with reality (shows).

If we are accepting the county as fair game, then we can add Tim Brooke-Taylor. Thomas Cooke to me seems more famous than most of the semi-celebrities on your list Swale?

More to the point, how many famous people were born in the Forest of Nottingham,!
    Robin Hood,friar tuck,little john,will scarlett,maid marion,sheriff of nottingham..... [/quote] Cyril the squirell..

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet
    Hurt was born in Chesterfield I believe! However since the of our club is Derby COUNTY I think we can accept anyone from the county as being relevant to the answer. That said Swale's list does seem to iclude a load of people who I had never heard of before googling them. maybe I am out of touch with reality (shows).

If we are accepting the county as fair game, then we can add Tim Brooke-Taylor. Thomas Cooke to me seems more famous than most of the semi-celebrities on your list Swale?

More to the point, how many famous people were born in the Forest of Nottingham,!
    I would have thought that since Derbyshire has been voted as one of the beautiful counties in England but possesses the worst county town I would ask if those who you mention will accept you.

Quote Originally Posted by redhugh

Robin Hood,friar tuck,little john,will scarlett,maid marion,sheriff of nottingham..... [/quote]

To which should be added Nell Gwynn, Ned Ludd, Albert Ball, William Booth, Jesse Boot, Alan Sillitoe, Su Pollard, Vicky McClure, Jayne Torville , Christopher Dean, Carl Froch, Lee Westwood, Kenneth Clarke, Paul

These were all born in the Forest????? As a point of education, what is Bendigo aside from a town in Victoria?

What about Gary Lineker, Willie Thorne, and Mark Selby.... they are all from Leicester but that qualifies as Direby & Notts doesnt it

Florence Nightingale and Jason Stathem both Derbyshire born and bred
    Simon Groom is a regular visitor at the ipro too and a Dethick lad

So famous folk alrund then

Actually all are people who have done well in their professions, none became famous through reality TV and not sure celebrity and famous are necessarily the same thing, Hurt was born in Shirebrook actually but lived in Derby

These were all born in the Forest????? As a point of education, what is Bendigo aside from a town in Victoria?
    Bendigo in Australia isd after the famous Nottingham prizefighter William "Bendigo" Thompson. There also exists today in Nottingham a famous landmark called Bendigo's Ring which is comprised of a ring of trees on top of a hill.

I've just come across this poem by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

You don't know of Bendigo ?
    Well that knocks me out!
    Who's your board school teacher?
    What's he's been about?
    Chock a block with fairy tales
    Full of useless cram
    And never heard of Bendigo
    The Pride of Nottingham

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast