+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New manager

re: New manager

Oh Heck,...Is All I can say,..And Glad it"s not the Clarets....
    Good Luck,...!!
    We Have been their and done it!!,...But it is possible to come back,..We have, and God Did you Laud it,...!!
    But the PREM....YES,THE PREM,..WITHOUT Your lot in it,... I Suppose ,...We Have to take over your your Mantel for Man Utd,...being our Rivals AGAIN!!.

Lambert bailing out hoping to grab the Celtic job thats coming up ..?

H I know for a fact, that was the reason he had a clause in his contract. His agent was made aware the Celtic position was coming up at the end of the season, prior to his appointment with us. So he put in the clause stating if he wasn't backed, he'd leave when the Celtic job came up. IT has, Lambert hasn't ever been backed (not really) equally his heart has never ever been in it, hence my negativaty towards him. Rovers are in real trouble, this lot are on the brink of walking, leaving us in administration. Lambert going has no impact on any of that. And it's best all round he leaves.

Getting back on my irritating hobby-horse, I'd like to repeat that I think it's almost impossible to know how a particular manager will do in advance.
    Paul Lambert ticked all the boxes for lots of people: experienced; a good record with a Championship club; a tough, no-nonsense personality; someone who could be relied on to put some discipline into the squad; a man who would stand up to the owners; etc.
    Well, look at us now.
    Being a good manager is nowhere near the science that some fans make out. Do you reckon Leeds supporters think Warnock is brilliant?
    And put your hand up if you predicted that Mourinho would have become a "bad" manager by December.
    Of course the manager makes a difference, but there are so many other factors involved. The media are obsessed with creating personality-cults, and it has happened in football-management, as well as other fields. Unfortunately, fans have now bought into this, big-time.
    It is almost impossible to look through ANY manager's record wi

The mix and the ingredients need to be 'just right'. a following wind helps, and the planets aligned, then you're cooking! There has to be a totally positive / driven mindset running through.
    In fact if people care to scroll back, this is what PL commented upon some time back, in saying that its a 'whole club effort', top to bottom. Stating the obvious really of course, but I suspect at that point he had 'taken stock' of the club and deduced - no f******g way!
    This is something he will have been lucky enough to have experienced at Norwich. But at Villa it possibly was glaringly lacking. Likewise your 'friend' at Leeds, (following on from Cloughie!).

I don't give a monkey's really if PL came in as a stepping stone and only had eyes and heart for Celtic, as I say he's a modern day manager in a modern day cut throat game.
    We weren't goin up this season before he arrived, and we still ain't now. neither are we being relegated IMO. So in effect we're no better or worse off.
    EXCEPT

Fair comment but some options do give a better chance of success,than others. Sacking Allardyce was ludicrous in the extreme(given his fire-fighter record)..............equally insane would be appointing David Dunn,a failure at Oldham who has "great connection with the club"

Given the diverse viewpoints over PL, of which there are basically three;
    1) He's basically ok and has given it a go, but ultimately decided its not for him. Essentially because of Venkys.
    2) He's been a poor choice, maybe even worse than GB and been 'found out', and ultimately a coward running away.
    3) He's been devious in just using us to earn a bob or two whilst getting back in there, with ultimately his eye on the Celtic job.

I now watch with interest 'his future', and see if his next appointment will shed a little light upon revealing what may have been the actual truth.
    In terms of the touted Celtic 'link':
    I am of the mind that the Celtic board will hold far, far more 'knowledge' of football than our esteemed owners and their 'advisors'.
    In addition many of their support will/may have been 'following' his progress with us, so it would be interesting to know of their deductions of his poor record in that time. I am sure that if there is validity with the option 2 above,

Any new manager coming to 'our place' is on a hiding to nothing until the owners either leave or change their methods. Simple as....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)