+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is it true?

re: Is it true?

It's worth remembering where we were 40 years ago, pretty similar positions to be honest. In that time we've won two divisions and an FA Cup. And you're still celebrating that trophy from 40 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chiswickmart
    It's worth remembering where we were 40 years ago, pretty similar positions to be honest. In that time we've won two divisions and an FA Cup. And you're still celebrating that trophy from 40 years ago.
    There is NOTHING similar between Saints and p****y jisswick.

40 years ago we won the FA cup whilst in the 2nd division, your GLCT were relegated from the 2nd division.
    Now we are beating the best teams in England, in Europe again and playing attractive football with top players. Progress.

Whilst wallowing in the basement are the poor pompey peabrain pinheads going on about history, you can hardly blame them as their present and future is looking as good as their number one bellringer.

I bet (no TTA, not with you) you cannot wait for the fixture list to come out, no wonder you don't go and watch them.

One team in Hampshire.

And you're still where you were forty years ago.

Some comparative facts :

Since the formation of the Premier League we have spent 7 seasons out of the top flight. They have spent 7 seasons in the top flight.

Since the end of the 1958/9 season they have spent 8 seasons in the top flight. Next season will be their sixth in the bottom division over the same period.

They have had 4 administrations or insolvencies - we have had 1.

They have spent 33 seasons in the top flight (25 of which were before 1959) - we have spent 39 seasons in the top flight all since 1966.

Since 1966 (50 (FIFTY) years) we have been in the top flight for 78% of the seasons
    Over the same period they have been in the top flight for 16% of the time.

Pompey are the epitome of small time.

Great post Fiddley, and just sums up your club. Happy to be above us in the League but without actually winning anything. It's a rather odd existence don't you think?

Talk me through what you've won in that period.

Great post Fiddley, and just sums up your club. Happy to be above us in the League but without actually winning anything. It's a rather odd existence don't you think?

Talk me through what you've won in that period.
    Certainly Jism,
    In that period Southampton have won the FA Cup, the JPT, European qualification 11 times, several promotions (2 back to back) and were runners up to Liverpool in 1984. Now I know you will make some feckwitted comment about all that, but you cannot deny that Southampton has been by far the most successful club in the modern era.

Pompey are the south coasts Bottom feeders.

I celebrate the fact I celebrated at the time my team won a major trophy. Something you'll never know about Weasel.
    Edited to be correct

I celebrate the fact I celebrated at the time my team cheated other teams with a team we couldn't afford and a debt we couldn't pay to lift a major trophy. Something you'll never know about Weasel.

That's about the size of it Proc. Let them wallow in the fact that their time at the top table was at the expense of the Tom Prince cancer charity and scores of other innocent parties. It's for this that po**ey are truly despised around the world.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234