+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saved from Highland League by 7 points

Saved from Highland League by 7 points

Thankfully ES saved us from further embarrassment by keeping us out of the play off. Lots of huffing and puffing, apologising for missed passes and crap defending today.

Not much improvement, if any, under Mr Campbell so nothing yet to get excited about for next season. Probably need a Robbie Raeside and a Simon Murray more than a Rab Douglas but time will tell.

Major improvement is essential especially if Edinburgh replace ES.

re: Saved from Highland League by 7 points

I was at the Edinburgh City v Cove Rangers to-day and how the former won 3-0 last week beats me.Both teams were pathetic especially Cove and it would not surprise me if E.S. win.

This has got to be the worst one and a half seasons we fans have had to endure. The one thing about league football is that you end up where you deserve and with the absolute crap we have been served up we certainly deserve to be where we are. I as one fan would like to send my best wishes to the Shire in their play off and hope they stay in the league. As for us we have to clear out the squad and make sure we are not anywhere the bottom of the table next season. With derbies against our fermer pals and Montrose and the usual suspects it promises to be a competitive league but again with no "big fish" in it we really MUST be challenging at the top end, indeed for the title. Over to you DC and the AFC board.

Hear Hear ever since the December game against East Fife at Methil where we won 5-1 we have been in freefall. Even with Shagger and Simon Murray in team we could,nt turn it around. Await with anticipation the new faces all 11 of them that we will get. Whately, Bobby, FLEM, Hester, Lowden, Little and Johnstone added to that and surely top end is calling. Hard league again next time though with Forfar, maybe cowden? And Annan and queens park all hard games. Think East Stirling will do OK also would take them to survive over 2 legs.

There was a wee lonely man wi a cap in our dugout today who occasionally spoke to Mike Cargill but did not really inspire, coach or encourage the team.

Hopefully next season will see new players with new ambitions. The fans are not seeking a workman like performance which sees us into the top four but more a flamboyant set of display's which sees us win another championship. Come on DC, the challenge is set.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)