+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rovers Fans

Rovers Fans

Has a Rotherham fan I must congratulate your fans on how you got behind your team today, & well done for giving your old player Matt Derbyshire recognition when he was subbed.

re: Rovers Fans

In our situation it sounded like the backing was remarkable.

Not a surprise though as it was the same when the then unknown bowyer took charge against Barnsley away. I was there to witness and take part in that one.

Were a resiliant bunch

Yes well done rovers fans, 4 stayed for the players lap and applauded derbs who duly gave them his shirt. RESPECT.

We should never have let Matt Derbyshire go in the first place. He was quick and he had a natural eye for goal, as well as being local.
    For some reason, Sam had a down on him from the start. He probably wasn't big enough!
    When you consider some of the people who we DID employ in that position subsequently, it's enough to make you weep.
    Some rumours were spread about his attitude, but I have never seen any hard evidence.

Not heard any bad stuff about him here, his work rate is good, his strike rate not so good though, does create for others. Hope he stays for next season. UTM, and good luck with your struggle with your owners, needs sorting before it becomes a blackpool.

Thanks. It's like being ruled from a distant star - we haven't heard back yet about the questions we asked them three years ago!
    Matt was always in need of a target-man he could work off. We often played him out of position, and usually only for about 20 minutes at a time.

Incidentally, I don't suppose either of you two Rotherham fans know a bloke called Alan Whitehouse.
    He was a very good mate of mine many years ago, but we lost touch. He came from Thorpe Hesley, as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    Thanks. It's like being ruled from a distant star - we haven't heard back yet about the questions we asked them three years ago!
    Matt was always in need of a target-man he could work off. We often played him out of position, and usually only for about 20 minutes at a time.

Incidentally, I don't suppose either of you two Rotherham fans know a bloke called Alan Whitehouse.
    He was a very good mate of mine many years ago, but we lost touch. He came from Thorpe Hesley, as I remember.
    Sorry AucklandRover, I don't know the man.

You could put a off topic request in on our Millers board, someone may know of him, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover
    We should never have let Matt Derbyshire go in the first place. He was quick and he had a natural eye for goal, as well as being local.
    For some reason, Sam had a down on him from the start. He probably wasn't big enough!
    When you consider some of the people who we DID employ in that position subsequently, it's enough to make you weep.
    Some rumours were spread about his attitude, but I have never seen any hard evidence.
    Versus man city he made a terrible pass deep in his own half, intercepted and robinho scored in the last seconds which cost rovers 3 points and IMO his rovers career too.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)