+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: POSITIVES

POSITIVES

I know this might sound extremely strange for some on here and is maybe out of place with the general vibe this place gives across at times but is there not anybody excited for next season?

Here's what we have got.

A proven manager, that's been here and done it before many many times.

Fans favourites Ricky Little and Bobby Linn signed up. Along with Matk Whatley, also very well liked and young Kane, who everybody has taken too. We also have Gold signed up. If what everybody seems to be saying is true. A solid base to build on. I imagine we will be adding another 14 or so players on top of that. It's a fresh start!!

8 Angus derbies and a new away trip to Edinburgh, potentially.

I am personally really looking forward to the summer and to see what the summer brings. It's also only 6 weeks until our next competitive game thanks to the new League Cup format.

The last 16 miserable months can now be forgotten about.

I can only hope others feel the same.

re: POSITIVES

I agree that we have to be positive about next season. This time last year I was apprehensive about Lumsden's appointment and boy were my fears realised. This time around we have a manager with a good CV and I definitely believe he would not have given most of Lumsdens signings a second look.
    Like him or loathe him, no one can deny he has been successful in the past and there is no reason to doubt that won't continue at Gayfield.
    A major rebuilding is required but I am confident DC will bring in players that can get us out of this division. He has a good base to work from in that 2 of our squad were voted into the division team of the year. No mean feat when you consider our results. It makes you realise how bad some of the rest of the Squad were.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)