+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: O/T Scottish Election

re: O/T Scottish Election

i did answer your question ! States are artificial entities set up by rulers to protect their interests . That is why we have no nationality . All you have told us is the mechanisms of the state . We all know how thw state works

its so funny that people think conservative voters are 'closet tories' etc.

Quote Originally Posted by leontrotsky
    i did answer your question ! States are artificial entities set up by rulers to protect their interests . That is why we have no nationality . All you have told us is the mechanisms of the state . We all know how thw state works
    We do have a nationality. That is the fact. Even if rulers created states in order to protect their interests (which is factually wrong) it does not mean that we have no nationality. Just cos you don't like something does not mean it isn't true.

I think you have been smoking to much Marx.

I turned 18 years old in August 1982.

Before Thursday, I had only ever once in my life seen the candidate I voted for actually win a seat.

Alexander Burnett, well done sir.

Although my "team" did nae bad on Thursday I'm under no illusion at all that the fundamentals of politics in Scotland will ever change from left of centre in my lifetime. Ruth Davidson fought with a clever strategy and appealed to the "No" voters - it succeeded.

WEST COAST "We do have a nationality. That is the fact. Even if rulers created states in order to protect their interests (which is factually wrong) it does not mean that we have no nationality. Just cos you don't like something does not mean it isn't true.

I think you have been smoking to much Marx."

Heymin , As i say we don't and i back my statement up , unlike you . then again how can you ?

Anyway , election ;Has anything changed ?
    Quite interesting stats in todays herald ;
    Overall votes 4,564,905
    pro indy 2,202,326 48.2%
    pro union 2,320,194 50.8%
    others 42,385 1%

This all votes , constitutional and regional .Still giving a overall pro union , the assumption being that the SNP , greens and noble leftist parties support independence. .Obviously in the referendum we got one vote , if we go along the regional ;
    Indy 1,129,257 49.4%
    union 1,125,851 49.3%
    constitutional;
    indy 1,073,069 47%
    union 1,194,343 52%
    (other

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903
    I didnt vote for the first time in my voting life as i didnt want to vote for any of them.

If i had voted it would have been a waste as i would have been voting for the best of a bad bunch and i dont agree with doing that

First time ive ever been of that opinion
    I was of a similar mind, but I went in and spoiled my ballot paper. I think that makes more of a statement (albeit a hilariously minor one) than just not turning up.

Imagine a scenario where you had two million intentionally spoiled ballots, 'none of the above' or the classic cock and balls option. That'd be a boot up the arse of the establishment far more than those same people just not voting, which is what happened this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared

What Ruth Davidson did was fairly shocking, in my opinion.
    She gave up the seat that she had always stood for in Glasgow as she was sh!tting it. She didn't have the guts to stand in her own constituency and she choose to run for an Edinburgh seat that the Torys thought to be one of the safest going and of course she had the back up of being No 1 on the Tory list.
    Also, this is nonsense. The Tories never really anticipated winning Edinburgh Central. They finished FOURTH there in 2011. Even on the Wednesday before the vote, when they were predicting they'd overtake Labour based on their internal polling, they were still only talking about coming second in Edinburgh Central - and that was being talked about proudly as a good result. Nobody foresaw the Green vote taking enough out of the SNP for the Tories to actually nab it (something the Nats themselves are f*cking fuming about).

If she'd wanted a safe seat she'd have just

Totally fair comment, that.

The electoral system in Scotland was designed to make a majority pretty close to impossible, in theory, I think, to usher in more grown up, consensus based, politics.
    It might.....a long way down the line, but for that to happen the main parties need much more local autonomy.
    Labour is going to pay for a long time for standing shoulder to shoulder and high-fiving with their Tory mates during the Indy plebiscite.

on the smaller paper i put a big X over it as not party is worth voting for

I see the ferret has a story about ineos hiring senior staff for fracking in Central Scotland.

Nothing to see here, move along...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast