+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Scottish Election

re: O/T Scottish Election

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared

Anyway, no this is precisely my 2nd point. There are "retards" out there who would vote with one paper for the ruling party and with another paper for the opposition! In the same election!
    In Aberdeen/shire, the SNP got more votes than the Tories and Labour together in the list. They got zero list MSP's, whereas the Tories got 4 and Labour got 1? Therefore all those second votes for the SNP actually helped the Tories and Labour... which is exactly the opposite to what the people voting SNP wanted. Another reason why I just don't get the list vote.

So, I do not see the problem if someone voted for the SNP in the constituency vote and Green in the list vote to try and reduce the chances of the Tories or Labour getting a MSP through the list if they were a SNP voter. In this case, would it not be better to vote Green as the second vote if you wanted a SNP government and less opposition from Labour/Tory?

witty but I didn't though did I? I likened them to both being topics that could be discussed. Same as ice cream flavours and favourite car models.
    Vanilla and E-Type Jag.

@westcoastdon
    Mint choc chip and a countach please.

@ OBI
    I understand fully how the votes have been spread and the total voting numbers for the snp are very impressive. It is a fact however that the Scottish version of PR is based on individual areas and not just total number of votes. It is striking that the SNP have almost DOUBLE the total amount of list votes than the torys but that translates to only 4 seats to the torys staggering 24! The labour list numbers are equally staggering.

It isn't opinion, it is blatantly obvious that Conservative voters (for discussion purposes they will be known as dirty phukin scumbags) have voted x2 (const. and region) and the people who have voted the SNP in, in virtually every constituency, have handed their second vote to another party, in certain areas. This is where my retarded insult comes in because in these areas, these people either voted with one paper for the leaders and the other paper for the opposition or they voted for the

Quote Originally Posted by Herman
    So....Aberdeen (and shire) is FULL of Tory scum.

You might be one, you might be sitting next to one.

Imagine waking up a Tory voting scumbag.

That sh!t doesn't wash off you know.
    It's a relatively affluent area, it shouldn't be that surprising there's Tories around. And you're completely kidding yourself if you think all SNP voters are left wing. it would be no surprise at all to see SNP voters using their second vote for the tories. Aberdeenshire in general has never been left wing.[/quote]

I don't know one SNP voter who used their second vote to the Tories..

I myself SNP1& Greens 2 the Greens got a big number of votes from Nationalists and I know quite a number who were like myself.

@westcoastdon
    Mint choc chip and a countach please.
    Countach is easy. It's in the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Buc
    So....Aberdeen (and shire) is FULL of Tory scum.

You might be one, you might be sitting next to one.

Imagine waking up a Tory voting scumbag.

That sh!t doesn't wash off you know.
    It's a relatively affluent area, it shouldn't be that surprising there's Tories around. And you're completely kidding yourself if you think all SNP voters are left wing. it would be no surprise at all to see SNP voters using their second vote for the tories. Aberdeenshire in general has never been left wing.[/quote]

I don't know one SNP voter who used their second vote to the Tories..

I myself SNP1& Greens 2 the Greens got a big number of votes from Nationalists and I know quite a number who were like myself.[/quote]

you can't know every snp voter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon

Only 55% of the registered voters, voted, I find that sad, but not surprised...

We need to have a system, where if turnout is below say 80%, then the result doesn't stand, contary to what people might think life would go on without voting for an MP/MSP. Make the annointed b@stards earn our votes before they get on the gravy train...

I still think it was a good result for them overall.
    I think Josh Lyman said it best
    https://youtu.be/7rIE0cT54yU?t=35s

Oh and despite not having an actual majority (de facto tho) I think in the long term you may be right about it being a good night for the snp, they will have to change from binary politics and they've overseen the end of Labour in Scottish politics.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine
    Did Kezia get back in via the list? I don't actually mind her so I hope she does. I'd feel sorry for her.

She's basically the Mixu of Scottish politics.

Sarwar getting in makes me feel physically sick though. His smugness could choke a horse.
    Scottish Labour leader not winning their seat. Seems to be a pattern nowadays.
    Unimaginable once upon a time

[/quote]

She's still an MSP through the list. It is a bizarre set up but I get that it's to prevent a majority so can't all be bad. Ruth Davidson was list MSP up until this morning.

Just seems a little undemocratic when people are being paid to represent the public when nobody voted for them.

Basically I just hate Sarwar.

sarwar is one of only 2 ethnic minorities out of 129 msps
    that's fairly sh1t

Be a journey but they need to be a party of the left again.
    If they can aggressively go at the SNP from the left and they can chip away locally with the right local people and that will offer the route back.
    Never be as dominant as they were tho.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast