+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Scottish Election

re: O/T Scottish Election

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastDon
    So....Aberdeen (and shire) is FULL of Tory scum.

You might be one, you might be sitting next to one.

Imagine waking up a Tory voting scumbag.

That sh!t doesn't wash off you know.
    You do yourself no favours with your language on this thread... calling people for using their democratic right scumbags (voting Tory) and retards (voting for two different parties), just because you do not agree with them shows more about you than these voters.

I do not vote but I have no problem with anyone that does for whichever party. [/quote]

I'd imagine he wouldn't be slow in calling others "fascist" either

My mate runs a takeaway next door to Jackie Baillies office.

Another 5 years he'll be able to retire and live like a king

You do yourself no favours with your language on this thread... calling people for using their democratic right scumbags (voting Tory) and retards (voting for two different parties), just because you do not agree with them shows more about you than these voters.

I do not vote but I have no problem with anyone that does for whichever party. [/quote]

It's my democratic right to call ANY tory voter a phukin dirty scumbag. Or someone a retard who doesn't yet understand how Scotlands PR system works and how it will always translate into seats. As you rightly point out.

Edit - to add, I find when discussing fitba, things are not generally black and white and opinions vary and indeed changs so much

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared

It's a relatively affluent area, it shouldn't be that surprising there's Tories around. And you're completely kidding yourself if you think all SNP voters are left wing. it would be no surprise at all to see SNP voters using their second vote for the tories. Aberdeenshire in general has never been left wing.

Don't think it is your right but on you go.

Our parliament is set up to ensure we don't end up with some ****ised verion of westminster, It is not perfect, but I would rather have it than the terribly outdated first past the post system used by our London masters, which is very undemocratic in my opinion.

Only 55% of the registered voters, voted, I find that sad, but not surprised. Tories usually always vote, regardless of how the party is doing, they may change who they cast their vote for, but they always vote, not a bad thing, it would appear that they have went from Labour to Tory, which says a lot about the state of the Labour party and what it stands for or at least what it stood for, nobody really knows what purpose they actually serve now, there remaining voters are probably folk who remember or were brought up by parents who benefitted greatly from the glory days of the pre war Labour party, only to see their kids throw it all away.

We need to have a system, where if turnout is below say 80%, then the result doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared

It's my democratic right to call ANY tory voter a phukin dirty scumbag. Or someone a retard who doesn't yet understand how Scotlands PR system works and how it will always translate into seats. As you rightly point out.

Edit - to add, I find when discussing fitba, things are not generally black and white and opinions vary and indeed changs so much which is a good thing. I've found over the years that discussing politics is much simpler in fact. Pretty black and white really and not too confusing. I form a very simple opinion that there are parties for politically minded scumbags and parties for those that aren't.
    never compare politics with football... it is something that actually matters in people's lives, has groups in it that you can laugh at, make fun of, get passionate over, argue over the smallest points, believe what people are saying and hard work is rewarded and the other is politics

Quote Originally Posted by Herman

It's a relatively affluent area, it shouldn't be that surprising there's Tories around. And you're completely kidding yourself if you think all SNP voters are left wing. it would be no surprise at all to see SNP voters using their second vote for the tories. Aberdeenshire in general has never been left wing.[/quote]

I'm not sure who you think would suggest that the majority of SNP support is left wing !?

Anyway, no this is precisely my 2nd point. There are "retards" out there who would vote with one paper for the ruling party and with another paper for the opposition! In the same election!

Edit - to add, I find when discussing fitba, things are not generally black and white and opinions vary and indeed changs so much which is a good thing. I've found over the years that discussing politics is much simpler in fact. Pretty black and white really and not too confusing. I form a very simple opinion that there are parties for politically minded scumbags and parties for those that aren't.
    never compare politics with football[/quote]
    witty but I didn't though did I? I likened them to both being topics that could be discussed. Same as ice cream flavours and favourite car models.

[quote="TheDeeDon"]Our parliament is set up to ensure we don't end up with some ****ised verion of westminster, It is not perfect, but I would rather have it than the terribly outdated first past the post system used by our London masters, which is very undemocratic in my opinion.

Only 55% of the registered voters, voted, I find that sad, but not surprised. Tories usually always vote, regardless of how the party is doing, they may change who they cast their vote for, but they always vote, not a bad thing, it would appear that they have went from Labour to Tory, which says a lot about the state of the Labour party and what it stands for or at least what it stood for, nobody really knows what purpose they actually serve now, there remaining voters are probably folk who remember or were brought up by parents who benefitted greatly from the glory days of the pre war Labour party, only to see their kids throw it all away.

We need to have a system, where if tur

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast