+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Hillsborough' documentary.

re: 'Hillsborough' documentary.

For the first time - ever, last week, I finally watched the 'Hillsborough' docu-drama from 1996, followed by a BBC Panorama episode, 'How they buried the truth' from 2013. I'd never watched the drama before as I simply just could not bear to watch it.

I remember the tragedy as it happened. I was at home that Saturday afternoon as the Millers were away at Exeter. I saw the whole thing unfold on national TV. Over the following few days, the front pages of the tabloid press newspapers (with further pictures inside) presented some of the most graphic, distressing pictures I have ever seen - made more disturbing by the fact that they were in 'colour', thus, much clearer images and they had a much more visceral effect on me. I won't attempt to describe them. Fellow supporters around at the time will understand what I'm saying. They were pictures of real people suffering a fate that I had a bizarre premonition of that happening to me at some point after being in 'crush'

Aussie, is this the documentary you are on about? (see link)

I'll try and give it a watch this weekend. - view external link

Yes!

Any other club and she wouldn't give two sh!ts...All she has...Sad tw@t....Our second string, still had the bulk of the chances against Wolves......Light years a tell thi. :-o

Watched this last night on BBC 2.

What an absolutely fantastic documentary featuring so many insp****tional people who never stopped fighting for what they believed in, even when faced with the monumental task of finding the truth after so many setbacks.

I was totally unaware of the magnitude of the work of Phil Scraton. Hard to imagine we'd be where we are now without his research. His work to uncover altered police statements was phenomenal.

The scale of the cover-up is incomprehensible. Hillsborough will forever be a stain on South Yorkshire Police, and it's sad to hear that even after 27 years they continued to drag it out in the courtroom in Warrington.

But never forget the SYP officers who helped make justice happen. Those who stood side-by-side with the families of the victims. And those who saved lives back in '89.

"Justice delayed is justice denied" - my entitlement exactly. The cover up has affected more than just the unfortunate, innocent 96 who sadly paid t

The line about points scoring was unnecessary but other than a good post rov.

It was a very powerful piece of filmmaking which documented the struggle, indignities and finally triumph of the families. It also humanised SYP by concentrating on the rank and file coppers and how the events of that day had clouded their lives ... speaking as someone who has very strong prejudices against SYP and how they behaved in the 80s (and their conduct since then hasn't been much better) it probably did me some good to see that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)