+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Signings after Doris

New Signings after Doris

Delighted to see Stevie Doris has returned to Gayfield. Played upfront by himself last year and finished Stirlings top scorer. 27. Plenty of years in him, get him fit and into the team I'm sure he will be a favourite once again. Big Improvement on what we had last year with Kane and him now.

Who else do you think we will go for?

Good start to the signings.

re: New Signings after Doris

Doris greats signing, no youth development loans please.

Out of 30 youth development loans only Forsyth Dundee, Booth Hibs and Erwin Motherwell have been a success imo.

Very rarely works players returning to former clubs, I really hope this is a success

Nonsense. There'll be plenty of successful examples and plenty of unsuccessful ones too. Just like there would be with any new signing. The fact he's been at the club before means nothing, it's a whole different team, management and players. What difference does it make if he was here before?

Players move around much more than they used to. Some adjust really well to returning to previous clubs where they found their level. Didn't Gav S return and do really well? I'd have him back again.
    Doris is a great professional and a proven player at this level. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in maroon, this season.

We may as well be a new club here. Only thing that's the same is the location, the fans and the guys running the club. Everything on the playing side of things is new. Shouldn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbroathFC200592
    Nonsense. There'll be plenty of successful examples and plenty of unsuccessful ones too. Just like there would be with any new signing. The fact he's been at the club before means nothing, it's a whole different team, management and players. What difference does it make if he was here before?
    hope your right, would not want his first spell tarnished by an unsuccessful second spell, Ross Chisholm's good first spell is forgotten by an awful second spell, but thanks for making my point for me, as for Gav came to us when he could not get a club, stayed when we paid through the nose to keep him, left in a flash for a bigger wage at Forfar, and now has skippered Forfar down into league 2, so is he the player we want?

I don't think a player like S****ie has ever been in a position where he's been struggling for a club.... Like I said there'll be successful and unsuccessful examples everywhere. This is a new management team and a new set of players, it may suit him more this time or it might not. We can only wait and see. However that could be the case with ANY player we bring to the club whether they've been here before or not.

That makes no difference when he's coming back to a completely different group of players and management team.

In regards to S****s id have him back in a heartbeat, he's quality, problem seems to be attitude but if he was to be playing for Campbell I'm sure there'd be no problems. Think he clearly enjoys playing under him. I'd love him back. No idea whether or not that will happen though or if we're even interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)