+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Magic Murray in Madrid

What's up with all the guys retiring against Djokovic? Are they really injured or are they just giving up because they know they can't beat the cheating druggie?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    What's up with all the guys retiring against Djokovic? Are they really injured or are they just giving up because they know they can't beat the cheating druggie?
    The first guy who withdrew was genuinely gubbed.

Shame he's not had a real test yet, see just where he is with his own injuries and lack of matches recently.

How the hell did Murray lose that? He really is an idiot sometimes.

Ach well , beaten by the Jap. Beat himself really, umpires call early in the 4th set messed with his mind and he was toast after that. Still had plenty of chances to win, but his head was gone which is very unlike him. Nishikori played ok, but not great.
    A real shame, as I doubt if before, or ever again, a Brit/Scot would have made the final of all 4 Grand Slams (plus Olympics), chance of real history lost there.

Andy Murray threw that away tonight.
    2 sets to 1 up. One call goes against him and he loses the plot and basically gives the 4th set away.
    He then loses momentum and it's a 1 set shoot out.
    A match he should definitely have won.
    Lendl not a happy man, I'd imagine he'll be p1ssed off at Murray's mental breakdown.
    Lendl was up & away the minute the final point was won.
    Lendl won't stick around if Murray doesn't stop with the ranting if it's going to cost him matches & possible titles.
    He needs to try & blow off steam then immediately switch back on.

It stands out that he hasn't made it past the QF stage at the US Open since he won it in 2012. He seems to save a really poor performance for this tourney every year. He was actually lucky not to go out against Cilic in 2012 if I recall as he was a set and a break down. His performance at Tour Finals isn't great either...end of season burnout perhaps?

What are the odds on Del Potro winning? He's got a tough route to the Final but it's hard to say if Djoko is 100%. If not, I think he has a chance as he's in great form right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It stands out that he hasn't made it past the QF stage at the US Open since he won it in 2012. He seems to save a really poor performance for this tourney every year. He was actually lucky not to go out against Cilic in 2012 if I recall as he was a set and a break down. His performance at Tour Finals isn't great either...end of season burnout perhaps?

What are the odds on Del Potro winning? He's got a tough route to the Final but it's hard to say if Djoko is 100%. If not, I think he has a chance as he's in great form right now.
    Assuming Djokovic is fit, he'll win.
    He's virtually had a bye to the semi finals with players withdrawing through injury & playing an out of his depth Kyle Edmund.
    He'll be fresh as a daisy.
    Murray should take 2/3 weeks off. Forget Davis Cup. He won that last year. He's done his bit.

Sound like he made a c@nt of that.

Drove me crazy watching that match last night! Andy made an absolute cnut of it!
    Since he's got himself so big and bulked he seems to have forgotten about the finesse side of his game, he just wants to bludgeon the other guy off the court now.
    The Jap lad done an Andy Murray on Andy last night... just kept the ball in play and waited for Murray to lose patience and skelp it out of play.
    IMO he showed a real chink in his armour last night. In fact Djok knows all about Murrays mental weakness and has exposed it a few times with his play acting with strains / injuries. Murray could be doing with sports psychologist.

That Murray meltdown last night reminded me of Colin Montgomerie throwing one of his epic hissy fits when somebody disturbed him.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast