+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retained list

re: Retained list

Chronicle reports some players under contract might be moved on

Will generally not be youngsters who have been in and around the team - because they are cheap and are seen as work in progress - so centre backs + Turton and Bingham will come under scrutiny???

My Dad sent a text to me this morning saying Haber, Fox, LDV and Atkinson all released - I assume this has come from Radio Stoke?

Retained list is out! George Ray, unfortunately, hasn't had his contract paid up so we can look forward to another season of gaffes.

Could always try and loan George Ray out on a season long deal atleast we will get some salary paid for him

Kelvin Mellor got 18 months to prove himself, made a ton of errors (out of position as well as he was never a fullback) and was sent to Plymouth. Ray has had 3 years and looks even worse than he did when he started off. He needs to go. As for Harry Davis there is no way on earth he is good enough for League One. Possibly the worst captain we've ever had (certainly in my 15 years of watching us) and a poor excuse of a defender. Makes regular mistakes on the pitch and half the time he's in the treatment room. If any League One club wanted Harry then I'll happily buy everyone in this thread a pint!

Harry, Ray and Turton are not good enough for professional football. Nugent and Guthrie are and with two natural fullbacks alongside them we would actually have a competent defence. Sadly, we are lumbered with these three poor performers constantly stealing a wage each week.

Good riddance to Haber, Fox and Atkinson. Commiserations to LDV, Baillie and the youth who were released. I do hope

Nugent and Guthrie are both left footers. In my view (a fit) Harry and Guthrie are our best CB pairing. Nugent a good reserve for Guthrie unless he improves dramatically over the summer.

Sorry that Bails has got the chop; at least there'll be no more misspelling of his on this board.

As for Andre Brown, the mind boggles. A forward, and one who can score goals at a lower level; shouldn't a punt have been taken on him? After all, has Udoh shown any more promise so far, apart from getting into positions to miss?

Oh, I forgot: you're more likely to be highly reckoned at the Alex if you show pretty touches but rarely pull the trigger; is that 2 goals for Saunders and 1 for Ainley? Oh for Lowe, the 'tough of the track', to sign.

Steve's nonsense about 'both barrels' shows his utter complacency. He may be a protected species, but we all know who, rather than his maligned players, deserves a double hit up the posterior.

So if Bails has gone does that mean we have no proper full-backs on the books?

Like others, I am surprised that Baillie and Brown have been released. Given the shortage of full backs and goal scorers, surely another year of development would have been worthwhile? Otherwise, the correct players have been released.

Pity that Ray's last year of his contract has not been paid off. He has not improved over 3-4 years of first team football and is always a serious error about to happen. Surely Guthrie and Davis will be the first choice centre halves next season, though Nugent had better stay fit because Davis won't. .

One question I do have is why is SD talking to Inman about a new contract? He has hardly broken sweat since we signed him and has proved to be utterly disinterested throughout the majority of the last 2-3 seasons. He has been one of the club's top salary earners and has earned very little of his money.to date. There is no doubt that, if he could just knuckle down and play to his ability, he would be very effective in League Two. I just ho

I remain hopeful that as they only spoke to the players under contract after those now out were released, they may be in negotiation with one or more to pay up their contracts/try and find them another club - please, George Ray..... (Should never have extended his contract or he could be gone now.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast