+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England Squad for 2016 European Championship

England Squad for 2016 European Championship

How does Roy select Sterling, Henderson, Delph and Jack Wilshire in his initial squad? Surely Ward-Prowse, Noble, Defoe and Antonio worth a good shout? At least Walcott has deservedly missed out, but puzzled by Jagielka's omission given the dearth of decent English central defenders. Scott Dann has not convinced me that he is international class.

re: England Squad for 2016 European Championship

I partly agree, Furber, but Michail Antonio? Really? I know we are short of right backs but the fella can't defend or were you thinking of a winger! Better off with Townsend or Zaha I reckon.

I would certainly have Ward-Prowse for Henderson and Noble for Delph. I guess with Kane, Vardy, Rooney and Sturridge he doesn't need another experienced striker like Defoe and he might as well have a younger fella in the squad, hence Rashford rather then him. I would drop Sterling from the final 23 myself and go with the Utd lad. Wilshere is also a similar type to Barkley, Lallana and Alli so should be able to slot in to Roy's preferred formation.