+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Hutton

re: Kyle Hutton

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans
    He came at a price anyway so no surprise. 2 year deal will have been a big attraction too.
    Agree, good player but a style easy enough to replace.
    and you can easily understand the attraction of joining a bigger club and I am quite sure , more money.

Hutton or Millar? No contest: Hutton all day, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by rjc_1988
    I suspect that I will be in a minority of one but I am not at all concerned at losing Kyle Hutton to St Mirren. I will be much more disappointed when the expected news comes through that Mark Millar will be moving on. For me Hutton did play reasonably solidly after Xmas but at no time did he scale any heights and in an attacking sense did not contribute nearly enough.

As others have said I wish him well but his departure will not weaken us unduly and if we make a decent effort to keep Millar we will have a much better player on our hands.
    Miller signed up for another year. Now this is good news in the light of Hutton moving on. Now we need a manager in place ASAP so that we can get the squad firmed up for next season. Mon the South.

Isn't it the managers job to sign players and not the club ?
    Let's hope he likes Tapping , Lyle , Millar and Hilson

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell
    Horses for different courses though Cresswell. As Deekstrans says, it would be easier to find somehow of Huttons style than Millars. I concede that if Millar wasn't so talented he would be a goner for certain. The reason he is still here is that the club see his potential ( that he has showed but not enough so far ) rather than what he has actually done as a whole . We need him to show his undoubted ability more and hope the new boss can get him to do this . To be fair, he was doing this at the tail end of last season. I can't see the manager being anyone else than Skelton . Someone who already knows the merits of the squad and is choosing and signing them up accordingly.Pleased with this news .

Quote Originally Posted by Cresswell
    As I say I must be missing something in Hutton - for me he passed the ball around in areas that didnt hurt teams and was one of the main reasons why we couldnt beat our mid table rivals last season.Teams found him very easy to play against letting us pass the ball to death in our own half and then pick us off at will.I guess it is all academic - I don't blame him for using us as a one season "stepping stone" but he is not a game changer and St Mirren will need an attacking foil for him in midfield or end up like we did last season.Just my opinion.

Agree Millar is a talented player but even after a season and losing some weight off his big jazz drum
    he is still not fit enough imo so hopefully the new manager will see this in the pre - season training !

the chairman or the mystery manager seems to have renewed the most talanted of our squad thats currently here ,a few will be released ,i hope we can get some decent qualaty guys in to beef up our sqaud this coming season ,this championship will be cutthroat this season ,i can see a very close league from say 7nth or 8th place to top ,consistency will be very much the key ,as i can see the team who will eventually win the league having lost a good few games ,i wouldnt be surprized if theres around 5 teams involved for the title right till the last few games .

One benefit is that a number of players across all the leagues contracts are expiring at the end of the season so we should hopefully be able to improve our squad. It would have been great to keep hold of Hutton but I feel his ambition to get into the top league, much like players like Rocco Quinn is probably beyond the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens
    One benefit is that a number of players across all the leagues contracts are expiring at the end of the season so we should hopefully be able to improve our squad. It would have been great to keep hold of Hutton but I feel his ambition to get into the top league, much like players like Rocco Quinn is probably beyond the clubs.
    I will be very surprised indeed if a midfield partnership of Hutton and Quinn will put St Mirren on the map. I am just relieved that both of these players are seemingly out of our budget especially Quinn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)