+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 100 of 560 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Largely sandy soil on the links and as you say, an extra cost in piling for the foundations, but I note that the original question held "the cooncil" guilty. Given that no plans for Kings Links were ever lodged with the local authority, that's a hoor of leap in thinking to lay the blame on its doorstep.

The points about St Johnstone are perfectly valid, especially if you think of thr AWPR as the A9, and the A944 as Crieff Road.
    I , just always assume that it's the Cooncils fault. But I suppose , we could blame AFc for not trying for that pitch ? Hard to say. But I', Nae keen on Cooncils Wullie anyway !!!

Personally I could not give a **** what a stadium looks like. It's more about what I see on the pitch for me. I am also of the ilk that I like a good day oot. Like Mastrick stated before I can also go for beer in town before and after with the after with latter sometime ending up as very late nights. I can walk to Pittodrie in an hour form BOD and this was also the same when I stayed in Mastrick. I would say that the vast majority on match day can get a bus into town followed by a short walk and you are at the match. Based on my match day like and dislikes Kingsford fails miserably. That's my (some may selfish) opinion.

It's definitely split opinions. The people who post here (and other AFC forums) are probably amongst the most fervent Dons supporters and we can't agree.
    We do tend to polarise things and I'm pretty sure our average crowds will not change +\- 750 in a new stadium. Possibly the last year in Pittodrie crowds will go up as people say goodbye to the old girl and the first year in the new stadium crowds will go up for the novelty factor.
    Access and parking is a big problem and I can understand people who will have to change their habits being a little miffed. There is a large supporters bar attached which may help, but toonsers will still have to drive or somehow get vehicle access.
    For me, I stay in Cove and park in Roslin Street for the games. Haven't measured it, but that must be about 1 1/2 miles and getting home past Union bloody Square is a nightmare.
    I'm all for the move, we have to think of the future. Let's be honest, Pittodrie is way past her best and although could maybe be slightly modified, can never be a stadium for the modern era.
    Think this is post no. 1,000 on this topic following Tyrone's tweet, pretty sure we will get 1,000's more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    You obviously haven't read the Access Statement. The design of the concourse areas and the accessible seating areas are based on Ashton Gate.

The design for Kingsford doesn't fvcking have odd and uneven roofing.
    good grief !

The point I was making is that nowadays, nobody with any sense builds a new stadium complete with wasted corners.

They are only needed on old grounds - as later, mostly useless ' filler-ins'. ( such as at Ashton gate)

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    That is not the far side of Arnhall, that is the closest.

So it's no further to walk for those who already drive to the game, but a massive increase in time / inconvenience to those who currently walk to the game from the city centre.
    Well, apart from of course, a massive decrease in time / inconvenience in actually getting to the ground in the first place for those who currently have a massive inconvenience.

Ying & yang. Muller rice.

There you go .....

Today... Glorious sunshine and a fine day when I left Westhill ..

Pittodrie ... f@@kin' Baltic and foggy ... and it took over 50 minutes to get there ....

Time to move ....

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    good grief !

The point I was making is that nowadays, nobody with any sense builds a new stadium complete with wasted corners.

They are only needed on old grounds - as later, mostly useless ' filler-ins'. ( such as at Ashton gate)
    The corners on the north stand side have seating up to 2/3rd's the full height of the stand - nae exactly a "wasted corner".

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    There you go .....

Today... Glorious sunshine and a fine day when I left Westhill ..

Pittodrie ... f@@kin' Baltic and foggy ... and it took over 50 minutes to get there ....

Time to move ....
    Left Meldrum, fine day

I had double socks on and my feet were still like bricks.

Very cold een yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Left Meldrum, fine day

I had double socks on and my feet were still like bricks.

Very cold een yesterday
    To be fair, someone had left the door open at the top of section S. That probably let a draft in.

Aye sod a new stadium just get a few of these

Page 100 of 560 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast