+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 560 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

It was cold yesterday.,, but wait until February. The worst month of the year. Id ban it personally.

My boozy walk from the Meldrum chipper to my hoos last night was one of the coldest walks ive had to endure in my life. It was f@cking painful on my face and feet. Roll on Angola on Wednesday

Still wouldnt have summer fitba though

Wee blog post on DST site re potential new stadium.

Edit because I can't work thon hyperlink.

I don't have a problem with the move to Kingsford location. I do have a problem with the proposals - if we're going to do it, lets do it right.

Considering the reputed £40m budget for a figure of only 20,000 seats, that design is seriously sub-standard. Ironically, it looks in keeping with the context of the nearby industrial estates - and that's not a good thing. Add to that the rake of that stands (purported to be in keeping with Tynecastle at Loirston) has been altered, which will impact on the atmosphere.

On the whole - where's the joy, excitement.....design flair?

The ambition at AFC in recent years is laudable, and there is far more credibility at the club than there was 5 years ago - that's why I'm taken aback at this poor attempt at a new Stadium design. I know a lot of fans will be accepting of anything because it will be brand new in comparison to Pittodrie, but we should have higher aspirations than what is on the table.

I hope it gets planning permission, but I also hope a condition is a re-think on the design, as we have a great opportunity and its not being grasped - for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the move to Kingsford location. I do have a problem with the proposals - if we're going to do it, lets do it right.

Considering the reputed £40m budget for a figure of only 20,000 seats, that design is seriously sub-standard. Ironically, it looks in keeping with the context of the nearby industrial estates - and that's not a good thing. Add to that the rake of that stands (purported to be in keeping with Tynecastle at Loirston) has been altered, which will impact on the atmosphere.

The ambition at AFC in recent years is laudable, and there is far more credibility at the club than there was 5 years ago - that's why I'm taken aback at this poor attempt at a new Stadium design. I know a lot of fans will be accepting of anything because it will be brand new in comparison to Pittodrie, but we should have higher aspirations than what is on the table.

I hope it gets planning permission, but I also hope a condition is a re-think on the design, as we have a great opportunity and its not being grasped - for a variety of reasons.
    The big stumbling block is the £40 million cost, where is that going to come from? Also as you say for that amount of money the design looks lacklustre to say the least. More Milne pie in the sky.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post

I really don't know whether they're using the Kingswellites objectors as an excuse for them reducing the stadium to seemingly cheaper proportions.
    removing around 10 (or so) rows of seats , probably using lesser quality materials. The roof looks different from loirston . Don't think this one will be Lit up !

To build the new ground on the basis of what the objectors may desire is ludicrous. They wouldn't want it even if it were totally underground.

We either build it properly or not at all.

It looks very disappointing , I agree.

it still looks better than our current home

COYR

It'll be sh!t

Serious question Mason89

Are you ever positive in anything you say or do?

Quote Originally Posted by therealsouthstander View Post
    Serious question Mason89

Are you ever positive in anything you say or do?
    Regularly, just not involving AFC.

The whole process for this new ground has been a farce. What gives anyone any confidence that the ground will be anything other than sh!t? I couldn't give a monkeys about the location but the ground itself will be sh!t. Stewart Milnes involved in it.

Do we know who's paying for it yet?

Page 101 of 560 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast